We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anantasila into Hua Hin

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford, United...
reviews: 12
Anantasila into Hua Hin

I think I have finally decided on staying in Hua Hin for the final days of our Thai holiday experience.

I really like the look of Anantasila ( by the sea) but am concerned about its proximity to the town centre, restaurants etc.

We are always eager to use local transport and walk wherever and whenever we can, so if anyone here has experienced how easy that option might be from Nong Kae, or if the amenities in nearby TakiapTong Village would suit our entertainment and food needs, I'd welcome the advice.

Thanks

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 71
1. Re: Anantasila into Hua Hin

Hi,

The Anantsila isn't what I would call "walkable" into town... On the up-side, it's location makes it a bit more private with very minimal road traffic (it's effectively on the end of it's street), but that is also what makes it a bit more inaccessible by foot.

I recall they have their own in-house tuk-tuk for guest use, but since I've always driven there, I've not used it, but have seen it in the car park.

Travel Safe,

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 3
2. Re: Anantasila into Hua Hin

Not walkable to town but you can walk to where you get the songthaew that costs daytime B 10 into town.

There is a good local seafood place next to it and other beach places, it is relatively quiet during the week but gets busy at weekends

Oxford, United...
3. Re: Anantasila into Hua Hin

Thank you both for your information.

From what you say, it sounds ideal, quiet but with access into the centre of things if we fancy it.

I have subsequently given the hotel website a thorough "going over" and it does mention a complimentary tuk tuk to the nearest bus station... So that will do for us :)

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
4. Re: Anantasila into Hua Hin

It is nice to be able to step right onto the beach :)

Wales
reviews: 5
5. Re: Anantasila into Hua Hin

We are staying at the Anantsila now, they provide a tuk-tuk service to the Baht bus whenever you want to go (you may have to wait for a few minutes) and the bus runs every 10 to 15 minutes. It can take anywhere between 15 to 20 minutes to the cross roads in Hua Hin where we have been getting off depending on how busy the roads are ( quite busy fri to sun when Cicada market is on as you drive pass there). The hotel also provides free bus to Cicada market and into Hua Hin at certain times (cant remember off the top of my head but can have a look at the notice at reception if you want).

We are really pleased with the hotel, there are plenty of places to eat on the beach outside in the day. You can also walk down the lane where there are about five restaurants/bars or you can walk along the road where there are more restaurants near the bridge. There are plenty of places in Khao Takiab but we haven't eaten there yet.

Feel free to ask any questions we are here until Thursday .

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
6. Re: Anantasila into Hua Hin

Thanks for the great update - wonderfulwales

London, United...
7. Re: Anantasila into Hua Hin

We stayed there last April, & loved the place, so much so, that we are coming back next month.

Whilst it is not within walking distance of central Hua Hin, it is easy to book a taxi at reception for about 200 baht each way, or you can get the hotel tuk tuk FOC to the bus station, & then the Songthao, which then costs about 10 baht into town.

I believe that the hotel now provides a minibus service into town twice a day, at 11.00am & 5.00pm, but you need to check this with reception as suggested previously.

The staff are very friendly & helpful, & with only about 70 rooms, the place is nothing like a large high rise Hua Hin hotel, (no names mentioned).

Hope this helps, & if you have any further questions, just ask.

Edited: 10:19 am, February 25, 2013
Oxford, United...
8. Re: Anantasila into Hua Hin

Thank you again for the info. I also received a lovely email from Kayla at the hotel with a lot of detailed information about transport so I'm now feeling very confident in my choice. As its the last 3 days of our 2 week holiday, I really wanted to enjoy a beach, but its nice to know that we can get out and about if the mood takes us.

Wonderful Wales, enjoy the rest of your stay, and JuNilluvtotravel there's no better recommendation than the fact you're going back.

Edited: 6:20 pm, February 25, 2013
9. Re: Anantasila into Hua Hin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 27, 2014