We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tailor-made leather jacket?

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Helsinki, Finland
reviews: 2
Tailor-made leather jacket?

Greetings everybody!

I've been in HH for a few times now and used a few tailors and been satisfied with the overall quality. However, I'll be visiting HH early following year and would like to have a tailor-made leather jacket.

I've been e-mailing a few tailors now inquiring if it is possible to have such garment made, but the answers have been negative this far (even from the tailors I've previously used; they don't deal with leather).

So, as the title of this topic suggests, I'd like to know if any of you ladies and gents had any leather garments made in a tailor shop in HH? If you had, at what price and the name of the establishment? And were you satisfied with the quality?

I tried to search for a topic but couldn't find. If a topic exists, reply with a straight link please!

Thanks!

Hua Hin, Thailand
reviews: 1
1. Re: Tailor-made leather jacket?

Over the years of being a tourist and now a long term resident of Hua Hin I have never seen leather as a material for the making of clothes in any tailors.

Shoes and belts and handbags in just about every type of leather you can think of are everywhere but jackets or clothes in leather just don't seem to be available for tailoring.

I have sometimes noticed leather clothes as "off the peg" in a few retail outlets but cannot remember where and more likely to be in Bangkok upmarket malls.

Probably the most upmarket tailor in Hua Hin is Mike the Tailors who have a few outlets in town and might be your best bet to enquire with.

2. Re: Tailor-made leather jacket?

Hi!

We use the tailor Smart Fashion. I do not know the name of the street but it is located on the same street as the bar Black out and the restaurant Prime.

We have not made any leather-jackets for our selfs(yet, but we will before we leave HH in a couple of months), but I know that they make those kind of jackets. As well as leather shoes for example. We have used Smart Fashion for making suits, shirts, over coats, jeans etc etc. Every time with excellent result. We have also brought friends there, and they have been satisfied as well.

The owner speaks good English so it is no problem to get him to understand what you want in details and so on. So I would recommend you to stop by Smart Fashion and talk to them. I know we will make our leather jackets there:-)

England
reviews: 8
3. Re: Tailor-made leather jacket?

Hijacking slightly, what the turn around for a quality suit?

reviews: 137
4. Re: Tailor-made leather jacket?

Hi

There are a few had some handmade boots made and a snakeskin belt and they made jackets

The stall is in the new building near the old supermarket there is also another small stall near on on corner and and moon smile

5. Re: Tailor-made leather jacket?

Hi!

The price for a quality suit is hard to tell. It depends on the kind of suit, the material, if you buy more things and of course your ability to negotiate, as well as the place you choose to go to. We have found the Smart Fashion has been able to give us the best prices comparing to the quality of the work and material. The fact that they are really good in English has also been importent to us.

6. Re: Tailor-made leather jacket?

Dubblepost.

Edited: 11:46 pm, October 21, 2012
7. Re: Tailor-made leather jacket?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 24, 2013