We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Devasom or Let's Sea

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Devasom or Let's Sea

I have been reading up separate reviews on both resorts and they seem quite similar (including pricing), except one is more modern than the other. I am looking for a quiet 2-day retreat at the end of the year, the resort does not need to be on the beach, as long as it is near the beach that is fine. Any recommendation on which resort is better?

Monica, your views are most welcome too!

1. Re: Devasom or Let's Sea

Just to add, in fact any recommendations of boutique hotels in Hua Hin are welcome too! I have seen Monica your 'top 10' list, and I will certainly consider the Centara for my next trip. Right now, given it is our first hol to Hua Hin, I am hoping to try out a nice boutique resort.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 3
2. Re: Devasom or Let's Sea

Top on the beach resorts top class

Centara - member Leading hotels of the World, on the beach good part, same time it is in town so you can walk to restaurants, night market, over the water dining etc

Next to Centara is boutique style luxury villa suites, Baan Laksasubha, small pool, absolute beachfront cafe/restaurant reserved loungers shades, lovely, but of course none of the facilities of the large Centara. Lovely for boutique style on the beach but ewasy to walk to everywhere in town.

Cape Nidhra - all suites, pool rooms, modern, walkable to town center and also close to Grand Plaza night market

Then you get into the needing tuk tuk or using songthaew ( pick up with seats in the back )

Intercontinental - trendy, modern

Baan Bayan - beautiful Thai style, small pool, very nice homely feel, very popular indeed

Further down now to Hyatt Regency , the you have Let's Sea and Wora Bura ( Wora Bura looks like a smaller verson of Centara ), Lets Sea trendy modern and nice but is located behind their famous restaurant.

North of town Anantara luxury resort, then you have places such as Haven resort, Asara Villas and Suites, The Sheraton. You need tuk-tuk to/from these

Further still Dusit Thani

If you want closest to center on the beach small boutique style Baan Laksasubha, larger resort Centara, for pool rooms Cape Nidhra.

3. Re: Devasom or Let's Sea

Thanks for the recommendations! Cape Nidhra certainly looks like what I am looking for, and even Asara Villas. Unfortunately I checked the rates for Dec (I will be there 3-5 Dec) and they are beyond my budget perhaps it's the peak season then.

I am trying to work around max of THB 6,500 per night (with wifi included hopefully), therefore narrowed down to the Devasom, Let's Sea and maybe Alila (De La Paix). What would you say about the pros and cons of each? Once again, greatly appreciate your views!

4. Re: Devasom or Let's Sea

I forgot to mention in terms of room types, that I do not require a pool in the room (as I understand those add up to the room cost) but would like the room to come with sea view and the resort to have a nice pool. I don't mind the resort not too centrally located as I can take a taxi or tuk-tuk out to the night markets, restaurants, etc. Moreover my stay period is from Mon - Wed so not sure how many night markets will be open on weekdays...

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
5. Re: Devasom or Let's Sea

These prices are approximate, what I see from local booking sites for the area: All inc tax service breakfast

Baan Laksasubha : B 3,150 Tamarind studio room :-

baanlaksasubha.com/huahin-resort/…en

B 4,680 for their normal rooms, to up to B 6,480 for Garden Veranda, that as said is ideal location, right on the beach, but steps into town center

baanlaksasubha.com/huahin-resort/beach_bar/en

Night market is open ever night and walking distance from there perhaps 7 to 8 mins casual stroll, also for the Over the water restaurants etc

Baan Bayan Garden View room B 4,800, Sea View B 6,100 - tuk tuk 5 mins to center

Wora Bura B 4,690, Superior :-

http://www.worabura.com/superior.html

deluxe B 5,190 :

http://www.worabura.com/deluxe.html

tuk tuk about 10 mins to center

Centara Grand B 5,650 ( but that rate excludes breakfast )

Those would be my tips - in particular for price, style wifi, + all the extras I think it's a argain compared with many, and location is superb.

Devasom and Hotel de la Paix are well north of town towards Cha Am area, Lets Sea is nice but you are not un the beach as such as their restaurants fronts the beach

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
6. Re: Devasom or Let's Sea

2nd to last paragraph I was referring to Baan Laksasubha

7. Re: Devasom or Let's Sea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, August 21, 2013