We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trips & attractions whilst in Hua Hin

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wales, uk
reviews: 3
Trips & attractions whilst in Hua Hin

Hello

This is my 3rd time in Thailand & will admit that I am pretty lazy when it comes to my holiday. I plan so many things but do so little. I have promised myself that I am going to Watch some Thai boxing, have a fabulous massage as I have been studying in the beauty trade & feel it is my turn for some treatments ( as reasonable prices). Can naybody recommend the best Thai boxing, the best beauty salon & some good trips. We do like trips that involve a lot of nature & jungle. So national parks would be good! I promise I will take the advice on board and do more in this beautiful country. I did try the elephant trekking & bamboo rafting in Chang Mai last year, it was fantastic.

Thanks

Bristol, United...
reviews: 9
1. Re: Trips & attractions whilst in Hua Hin

Welshietart,

(I'm sure you are not one though).

You did not say where you were interested in! Thai boxing is obviously Bkk - but more info please, and I am sure many will respond. I see you have done the rafting/elephant trekking. Well, it does'nt get much more exciting than that. Ko Chang and surroundinjg islands for beaches and trekking if you are fit. Beauty salons aboun d everywhere in Thailand. Best (the pro fights) of Thai boxing take place at Lumpini stadium on weds and sundays./

Good Luck!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
2. Re: Trips & attractions whilst in Hua Hin

If yuo want Thai bosing in Hua hin there are 2 places, one in the very central area a short walk from Hilton, I think that is twice a week. The other place is Hua hin Grand Plaza which has a large indoor arena and they also have Thai Boxing several times a week.

There are several Elephant riding places in Hua hin, one in the hills behind the town, another at Khao takiab and there is also a new, though i have not been there, Elephant refuge where in addition to a short ride most of the day is spent learning about elephants, feeding them and getting soaked giving them a bath, by all accounts great fun!

Sam Roi Yot national Park starts about 30 minutes south, very large coastal area with lots of mountains, the pranburi River, temples and fruit plantations, amazing cave you reach by long-tail where a previous King built and amazing temple inside a cavern. Also birdwatching places, the wetland boardwalks are wonderful just before sunset.

Also Pala-U waterfall trip and various other trips into jungle and mountain area, lots of eco things to do. Go in to ken Diamond between Hilton and Sofitel, they have an extensive range on offer.

wales, uk
3. Re: Trips & attractions whilst in Hua Hin

Thanks for your replies. We are staying at the Sofitel, so everything seems pretty central to the hotel. I am really looking forward to this holiday as I am losing my job 1 week prior to Thailand. I think the waterfall & the national park are on our list, so maybe fancied a nice island trip. We have been to Phuket (Patong) & Koh Samui ( Chaweng)before, so I hope we won't be to dissapointed with the beaches & the countryside, as I have heard they are not the best in Thailand. Is it easy to get to Trang - ferry, flight?. We may attempt it if it is not too far. I am not into boxing over in the UK or the States, but I have seem some amatuer Thai boxing in the UK & it was good with men & women fighting. It has become very big in the UK.

Cardiff, UK
4. Re: Trips & attractions whilst in Hua Hin

Hua Hin, on the south east coast is a small fishing village which is develpoing into a tourist town. There is a fabulous beaty salon, massage place that I have been to a couple of times. It is on one of the main roads opposite the Hua Hin Brewing company but before you get to the coffee shop on the corner (All part of the big hotel on the beach!). CAn't remeber the name of the place but you can't miss it. The girls all sit outside in Green. You also buy 9 massages and get the 10 1 free. Very reasonable prices and they offer a variety of massages - with oil, without, gentle or vigorous etc. There English isn't brilliant though!

Never been to see Thai Boxing but there is a van with loudspeaker which advertises it that travels the streets of Hua Hin. There are also loads of National parks, Elephant trkking, temples etc and some fabulous markets.

Going back there for the 4th time myself in May this year, so that must say something!!!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
5. Re: Trips & attractions whilst in Hua Hin

Kanga, the new Hua hin Market Village Mall is now open, lots of restaurants, although a mall they have designed it well and some lovely Thai arts and crafts as well as restaurants, it's between the Marriott and the Hyatt.