We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hua Hin vs Pattaya

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, Scotland...
reviews: 8
Hua Hin vs Pattaya

Travelling with kids any advice to help choose between Pattaya and Hua Hin. Kids are 7 & 3. Due to go early July and would appreciate any feedback.

Leeds, United...
reviews: 34
1. Re: Hua Hin vs Pattaya

Hua Hin beautiful clean refreshing honest resort. Not even a contest!!

Saudi Arabia
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
reviews: 21
2. Re: Hua Hin vs Pattaya

As suggested by roverEngland, Hua Hin, overall it's a much nicer place to take kids.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 3
3. Re: Hua Hin vs Pattaya

Agree Hua Hin.

Lots to see and do in the area and along the coast. The new Waterpark will be open by that time also.

RoverEngland 's comment of :

" refreshing honest resort"

pretty much sums it up :)

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
reviews: 53
4. Re: Hua Hin vs Pattaya

Pattaya is spot on for children and families! HH is only good for a few days, mostly likely get bored. Much more to do on a daily basis in Pattaya and surrounding areas!

Edited: 11:22 pm, February 25, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
5. Re: Hua Hin vs Pattaya

Pattaya is cheap, and has lots to do for the kids, Hua Hin has a nicer environment, less 'in your face', a smaller town with less formal amusements like Pattaya but much better beaches, better excursions, cleaner... still plenty to do each day without getting bored, and much more "Thai" in feel. Pattaya has huge numbers of tourists and resident expats, which is fine if that's what you want.

Frizington, United...
reviews: 10
6. Re: Hua Hin vs Pattaya

Agree with bbtony - if you want the "Thai experience" go to HH, my wife and I have visited both, and Hua Hin wins by a mile

Glasgow, Scotland...
reviews: 8
7. Re: Hua Hin vs Pattaya

Had the Thai experience last time with a road trip to Khon Kaen. Want somewhere nice to sit still and enjoy a beach break after seeing family in Kanchanaburi. Keen to do the usual tourist stuff but don't want to overdo the kids who will be mostly happy with water of some description and probably struggling with the humidity. Thanks for your feedback. Currently between LEK Villa Pattaya and Hilton Hua Hin. My mum, who is also travelling with me and the kids, favours Hua Hin at present as the hotel has more facilities to help with the kids.

London
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 128
8. Re: Hua Hin vs Pattaya

Hua Hin every time!!!!

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
9. Re: Hua Hin vs Pattaya

^for a day or two HH is fine but week u will go mental.

Helsinki, Finland
10. Re: Hua Hin vs Pattaya

If you want a beach break I'm not sure the Hilton is your best option. I would look at a resort with a bigger sized beach and pool. The ex-Sofitel next door is fantastic, and there are very interesting options such as the IC a bit further or e.g. Sheraton near Cha-Am.