We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sofitel or Dusit?

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
N.Ireland
reviews: 1
Sofitel or Dusit?

Hi, I think I have decided to go to Hua Hin in July, but cant decide which hotel to stay in. I have narrowed it down to the Sofitel or the Dusit. I would like to stay somewhere where the rooms are a bit more luxurious than normal, and dont mind upgrading if necessary. I have heard that the Dusit is a bit outside Hua Hin, is this the same for the sofitel or is it central? Also, can anyone advise what sort of weather to expect late jul? Thanks!

Swansea UK
1. Re: Sofitel or Dusit?

The Sofitel is quite central you can walk to most places, the sofitel and the hilton are near each other with some bungalows in between can't remember the name. If you look on the maps on the forum should show them. They are near quite a few restaurants the pier area not far from the night market or weekend market depends if you like being central. Never been in July but June last year went for a week and the weather was mixed although we had some sunshine each day. The Dusit is further out but there is a courtesy bus. Not sure what the rooms are like in either.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
reviews: 77
2. Re: Sofitel or Dusit?

Can't comment on the Dusit but the Sofitel is really central, both for town and the beach. It's a lovely hotel with loads of atmosphere. Very colonial. The new wing had just opened when we visited and was more modernly furnished. We were upgraded as it was our 30th Wedding Anniversary to a DeLuxe room with a private balcony nearly as big as the room itself with great lougers for that afternoon nap. Early evening came with room service bringing our complimentary pre dinner canapes and drink of choice (Gin and Tonic for us!!) Luxury it certainly was! Beautiful gardens with amazing topiary and 4 lovely pools. we preferred to be in town so that we could walk out for dinner to one of the many local excellent restaurants. Nice place, Hua Hin, wonderful hotel the Sofitel. Great, fond memories of both.

Europe
reviews: 1
3. Re: Sofitel or Dusit?

Eryn

Stayed in Hua Hin last July. Overcast most days, but friends were there the week after us and very sunny most days. So its a bit of a mixed bag. It is the middle of the rainy season after all. Stayed at Sofitel. Its lovely. Afternoon tea in the gardens a treat. Hua Hin has a nice family feel to it. No stag weekends here. But lots of restaurants and nice streets to walk through giving you the usual flavour of Thailand. Great golf courses close by, great long beach walks and a few nice temples and things to do near by. Have you considered renting a luxury Condo/Apartment instead of a hotel. Its a different kind of holiday. If you staying longer than a week, its gives a really nice feel to it. Just bought a lovely 2 bedroom/2 bathroom apartment in luxury apartment with amazing 300 metre pool right on the beach. 3km from Hua Hin, so you get away from the tourists, nice and quiet at day, yet can join them at night for markets and restaurants and bars. If your interested post back, and I will give you details. Genuine Irishman. Cheaper than staying at Sofitel, and yet I reckon a much classier holiday. Driver can collect you at Airport on your arrival and bring you right to the apartment. Blamamber.

U.K.
reviews: 2
4. Re: Sofitel or Dusit?

Cant comment on the Sofitel but have stayed at the Dusit and it was fantastic. If you click onto my "handle" you will se a review that I did a while ago

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 3
5. Re: Sofitel or Dusit?

Both Dusit and Sofitel very nice, the Dusit though is quieter area on the way to Cha Am whereas the Sofitel although on the beach is bang in the center of Hua hin town, so you just walk straight into the restaurant and shopping areas. Other good ones are Wora Bura, Hyatt Regency, if you want quiet beach the Anantasila. There is a great deal of choice for places right on the beaches.