We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

central hua hin village

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sutton, United...
reviews: 11
central hua hin village

Has anybody stayed there ive read the reports on the Sofitel but nobody actually mentioned the central hua hin village can anybody give us any information on this place?

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 3
1. Re: central hua hin village

The Central Village is a group of low rise ( single storey ) bungalows next to the Sofitel, in fact nestled between the Sofitel and the Hilton. They are ideal if you want a high quality bungalow type room, operated by same group as Sofitel. They are an excellent choice, right on the beach, only downside is that the beach there is not much good and you have to walk along past the Sofitel for nice beach and the high rise Hilton towers over them. It is 'right in town' so this is either a good point or bad point. Personaly unless being a stone's throw from shops and restaurants is of a major importance there are nicer places further along the beach and yet within 5 to 10 minutes by tuk tuk or local pick-up bus from the town. These include Kaban Tamor and S'Mor Spa, right on the beach , Baan talay Dao Boutique type of resort on the beach, Supatra Resort or for lower cost the Sabai Jai.

Although the rooms are nice at Central Village my humble honest opinion is that unless being right in town is important I would stay a little away from the town centre where beach is much better. I am actually posting this from Hua Hin and enjoying the annual Jazz festival ! I am not an expert on Europe so not easy to give you comparisons but hope you can get the feel of the difference between a place that backs right onto busy streets with a crowded beach as opposed to somewhere a 'little way along' which is more open space, better beach, but at the same time so easy to get to and from the town when you want. Take a quick look at www.khao-takiab.com, this shows places to stay in Hua hin which are close to town but in the area I suggested.

Australia
reviews: 40
2. Re: central hua hin village

I would stay at the Hilton, we stayed there last year and it was fantastic. I agree if you want to veg out and lie on better beaches the Dusit or the Evason are nice. But for better beaches generally go to an island; phuket, krabi, phi phi or koh samui.

The hua Hin village is ok but not fantasic facilities.

Hope this helps...