We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anantara or hyatt regency?

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey
reviews: 6
anantara or hyatt regency?

Can anyone advise which would be the better hotel, for family with 2 girls age 13 and 9 years, we will be in hua hin next april during the Thai New year Celebrations! Anantara or Hyatt Regency? many thanks, Tracy

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 3
1. Re: anantara or hyatt regency?

The thing is Tracy they are 'both good', my own personal opinion is though that the Hyatt is better, now that is nothing at all against the Anantara as it is lovely, but there are some factors that I think the Hyatt has the edge.

Beach is wider at the area of the Hyatt. The Hyatt has a wide stretch of beach frontage. The pools are excellent. There is a Ki'ds club ( though only up to 12 but I doubt they would worry about a 1 year difference ).

The Hyatt is closer to The Hua Hin Market Village shopping mall. Another plus is that you can simply walk from the front of thr Hyatt and find lots of local restaurants, a couple of local nice bars with live music, well 3 actualy, Sasi, the Corner Bar and the new Perm restaurant and garden Pub. The Thai Show ( sasi ) is right by the entrance to the Hyatt and their late night sasi bar has live band and drinks are reasonable.

From the road you can jump in the back of a local Songthaew ( pick up with seats in the back ) to the mall or town center for just 10 baht each.

You have chosen 2 lovely option which are both nice, but I think the large pool slide at the Hyatt plus the camp Hyatt Club, location etc has an edge. You can always stroll out after the kids have gone to bed for some relax time at sasi Bar without being far away.

Do expect a rate increase for the days over New Year, that is fairly standard.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
2. Re: anantara or hyatt regency?

Both have nice spas, the new one at the Hyatt

huahin.regency.hyatt.com/hyatt/pure/spas/

Tip: if you choose Hyatt make sure you sign up for their "Hyatt Gold passport" program, it's free, you can do it online, you get points and it always helps that little extra to put down you 'Gold Hyatt' card when you check in, if they need to upgrade anyone members would get priority,. Doesn't cost anything.

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 27
3. Re: anantara or hyatt regency?

Hi there

Staying at the Anantara at present and as others have said its a very beautiful resort. However, we have three children although not with us but we believe they would be so bored at this resort. There is nothing for them to do except the pool. It is an ideal resort for adults/couples but I would advise to look at other options for the kids.

Don't know anything about the Hyatt but Monica offers very good advice.

Have a good holiday, we have and can't wait to come back.

Neil & Heather

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
4. Re: anantara or hyatt regency?

Neil and Heather, are you still there Friday 8th and Saturday 9th ?

It's the Hua Hin Jazz Festival weekend !

Surrey
reviews: 6
5. Re: anantara or hyatt regency?

Thank you, Monica, Neil and Heather for your valuable replies. Tracy

6. Re: anantara or hyatt regency?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, September 02, 2009