We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info onHyatt hua hin

Which Hua Hin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
australia
reviews: 3
Info onHyatt hua hin

dear readers,

I am considering going to the Hyatt in Dec with my family and i wanted to find out the following about the resort and surrounding areas.

Beach Area in front of hotel: are there beach vendors?

Can i hire a sunlounge and umbrella?

Is local massage offered?

Is the beach swimable?

Any resataurants or food stalls?

The resort : How far is is from the main town?

Which rooms are the best for families,would like ocean view?

What is the main pool like?

Are there any activities offered complimentary by the hotel? suitable for kids?

If anyone knows the answers,please respond.

With thanks

bangkok
reviews: 3
1. Re: Info onHyatt hua hin

there are not beach vendors as such but you may be bombarded by horses. what i mean is that horse riding is offerred on that beach and as soon as you step onto the beach a multitude of horse people will approach you for your business. a polite no will suffice and you should be okay. the beach is great there, you literally walk onto it from the pool area. as for umbrellas etc i'm not sure. massage at the hotel is expensive but if you walk down the road there are cheaper alternatives. you'll need a tuk tuk to town - about 5/7 minutes. the pool is excellent and the ocean view rooms are great. there is a kids club but you do have to pay for it, about B1000 per day or B600 for morning or afternoon session. just remember december is high season and if you plan to stay over xmas and/or new year you will have to pay for the compulsory xmas/new year dinners. at the hyatt this can work out to be about B3000 per person, kids under 12 can sometimes get 50% discount. hope that helps. i live in BKK and i'm off there, again, for easter.

Worcester UK
reviews: 21
2. Re: Info onHyatt hua hin

Not sure whtehr you can rent sunbeds / umbrellas on the beach, but there are plenty around teh Hyatt pool - which is right next to the beach.

There are massage ladies on the beach, at very reasonable prices - foot massages, full body, hair braiding - whatever you want. Even our children loved the massages.

We were there in August, and didn't swim in the sea - quite murky - don't know about December sorry.

Tuk tuks and taxis to town were readily available - lots of places to eat in town - good buffet at Sofitel and at Hilton. We found the Hyatt too quiet at night, but easy to go out - only few minutes into town by tuk tuk, but too far to walk.

We had 2 connecting rooms which were great for us and the children. These were ground floot - I think the first floor rooms only connect by way of their balconies, not by an 'internal' door.

The main pool was great - a fantastic water slide which kept the children entertained for hours. The kids club was quite good (my 8 year old liked it, 10 year old felt a bit too old) - but you do have to pay.

3. Re: Info onHyatt hua hin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, August 27, 2009