We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terrible service from M & R Tours

Which Hat Yai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Puchong, Malaysia
Terrible service from M & R Tours

I take a taxi to cross the border of Thailand for my vacation during CNY. I buy the "taxi package" at Changlung which the local taxi will send us to Bukit Kayu Hitam Duty Free Center and Thai taxi will send us to our hotel in Hat Yai.

When we reach Hat Yai, the "taxi driver" bring us to this M&R Tours to buy a return ticket. We was informed they will arrange taxi to fetch us from hotel and send us to Bukit Kayu Hitam Duty Free prior to our call on the day back.

My nightmare started when we reach immigration, we was drop off at the Thailand Immigration for clearance and were ask to take taxi back to Changlung by ourselve. The taxi cannot wait for us as there is long queue for immegration clearance and they are lots of "clients" waiting for him at the duty free.

When I call the "Director" our the M&R Tours to complaint he told us this is the normal procedure as all his taxi driver are busy.

We have to stand at the "taxi station" waiting for taxi with all our luggage under the rain. We ended up share taxi to Changlung with a couple after 30 min waiting there.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Phangan, Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 42
1. Re: Terrible service from M & R Tours

A whole 30 minute wait for a taxi - I think you have previously been spoilt. Doesn't sound that bad to me.

Edited: 6:24 pm, February 25, 2013
Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
2. Re: Terrible service from M & R Tours

I don't really understand your post are you saying you paid for the taxi to take you back and they didnt?

3. Re: Terrible service from M & R Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 28, 2014