We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khlong Heir floating market - how to go on my own?

Which Hat Yai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 3
Khlong Heir floating market - how to go on my own?

Hi, i am planning to go to the floating market. Noticed almost every post here stated they went with tour.

But i wish to do it on my own (DIY). would any of the tuk tuk takes me there?

Or what other alternative i have?

KL
reviews: 6
1. Re: Khlong Heir floating market - how to go on my own?

To visit Klong Hair Floating Market, just find a tuk tuk car, and told them the floating market, they will bring you there and cost about 15 to 2o baht.

This market is located about 4 kilometers from the town of Hat Yai at the Tambon Klonghae district and is only open from Friday to Sunday - 3pm till 9pm

Kuching, Malaysia
reviews: 7
2. Re: Khlong Heir floating market - how to go on my own?

We went to the Talaad Naam (not sure spelling) floating market outside Hadyai by tuk tuk, we (three of us) booked the tuk tuk parked outside our hotel for 300 bahts return, the driver waited 1 hour for us at the entrance of the market, and we paid him only on return to the hotel. But not sure whether this is the same floating market you refer to.

3. Re: Khlong Heir floating market - how to go on my own?

Is it near khlong hae

Singapore
reviews: 4
4. Re: Khlong Heir floating market - how to go on my own?

Isit easy to get a tuk tuk or taxi back to hotel from Khlong Heir market?

Pg
reviews: 64
5. Re: Khlong Heir floating market - how to go on my own?

it is very easy to get tuk tuk in Hatyai town area, better book for return trip. The place is away from town, may have problem to get tuk tuk.

Anyway, this is not really a floating market as the name goes. Only one of two boat selling food. The rest of stalls are on land. just like night market.

It is not like Bangkok where you moves around on the river.

Regards.

6. Re: Khlong Heir floating market - how to go on my own?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, March 13, 2013