We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jermsak's new e-mail might be hacked again.

Which Chiang Rai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chiang Rai, Thailand
Jermsak's new e-mail might be hacked again.

I can not access my e-mail so I think maybe my new e-mail might be hacked again.

Jemsak

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
reviews: 124
1. Re: Jermsak's new e-mail might be hacked again.

Folks:

I just spoke with Jermsak by telephone to try to figure out if he really placed this post on TA. He did. Here is the situation.

It appears there may be some tour companies in Chiang Rai who are trying to minimize Jermsak and Tony's business. Apparently some of these companies have wanted Jermsak and Tony to increase their prices, not offer as personalized trips, join the tour companies etc., as they feel these individual guides takes business away from the tour companies. Thus, they are hacking the email of these guides, and in at least one case, attempted to take on Jermsak's identity and book a trip with a TA member.

Jermsak's ChiangRai chiangraitravelplanner@gmail.com is working again. He is going to work with a computer expert to try to create a more secure account.

In the meantime, here are some suggestions:

1. Jermsak is worth any extra trouble it takes to book him, as is Tony Smiles.

2. If you are not certain whether the email response you receive from Jermsak is actually from him, ask the person who emailed you "What is the name of Heather's favorite child at Bethany." Then send me a private message and I'll give you the answer, after taking a precautionary step to make sure you aren't the hacker.

3. Call Jermsak to book him. His phone number is 084-615-4459. From the U.S., when I call that number, it is 011 66 846154459. You drop of the "0" from the first digit in his number and add in the Thailand country code "66".

It is a shame to see good people who work hard, at reasonable rates, to give all of us a great travel experience, having to struggle to maintain the survival of their business due to these unscrupulous people. We need to not let them succeed.

Broder

Colorado
reviews: 2
2. Re: Jermsak's new e-mail might be hacked again.

I encourage all to follow Broder's advice. Jermsak is absolutely the best guide I have ever had the pleasure of traveling with. He has a loyal following and the thought that someone is using his hard earned reputation to gain business is awful. His family depends on him and this could be financially devastating. Please confirm in the manner Broder said.

Chiang Rai, Thailand
reviews: 44
3. Re: Jermsak's new e-mail might be hacked again.

I whole heartedly agree with Broder. Jermsak is worth the effort and you will not be disappointed with your tour if you work with him. He is a good and decent man who does not deserve to be treated this way and have all that he has worked so hard to achieve destroyed by jealousy. Please, please take the time to contact him personally or through email with the verification/security question. You will be greatly rewarded.

Hamzy

Edited: 11:07 am, February 02, 2013
Neenah, Wisconsin
reviews: 7
4. Re: Jermsak's new e-mail might be hacked again.

Wow, how frustrating! This has happened to me, but my livelihood wasn't at risk (and I was still fuming!) Jermsak epitomizes the ideal travel guide -- personalized itinerary, flexible, kind, low key. I really think you would be crazy not to go out of your way to book him if you want a very, very special experience. I spent a few days with him 2 years ago, and one of my best travel memories ever!

Loveland
reviews: 14
5. Re: Jermsak's new e-mail might be hacked again.

Just wanted to add my comments to those who have spoken in support of Jermsak. He is a wonderful person as well as an excellent guide. What is happening to him is horrible. I want to stress again that booking him is worth any extra effort it might take until he can get this all straightened out. You won't be sorry. He's the best

Fort Collins...
reviews: 3
6. Re: Jermsak's new e-mail might be hacked again.

Jermsak is such a caring and hard-working individual. It's hard to believe anyone would do that to him. If anyone is thinking of booking a trip, it is definately worth the extra effort to make the trip with him. I would never book anyone else but Jermsak when in Northern Thailand. Thanks for the heads-up, Broader.

Boulder, Colorado
reviews: 4
7. Re: Jermsak's new e-mail might be hacked again.

When I go back to Northern Thailand the question is not when I want to go but rather when Jermsak may be available. I would not think of making that trip without him, it would not be possible. Jermsak is a true professional. JAC, Boulder

Iowa City, Iowa
reviews: 5
8. Re: Jermsak's new e-mail might be hacked again.

It's sadly instructive that someone is trying to harm Jermsak or his tour guide business...Jermsak is far more than a tour guide. He is a friend and colleague. I can't imagine why this is happening unless someone is afraid of Jermsak's talent and professionalism. I hope that anyone who values the ultimate experience in Chiang Rai will take the extra effort to thwart whatever nefarious powers are at work, and make sure they don't let Jermsak suffer the intent of this cowardly attack on his integrity.

Kent

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
reviews: 30
9. Re: Jermsak's new e-mail might be hacked again.

This is terrible. Jermsak has such a kind heart and is extremely professional.

He doesn't deserve this.

Please all offer any support we can.

Keep us all posted and thank you so much Broder for calling Jermsak to clarify.

Caroline.

Brisbane
reviews: 10
10. Re: Jermsak's new e-mail might be hacked again.

Thanks Broder for your suggestions. I have been in email contact to and fro to his new gmail address over the last 2 days - Feb. 1 and 2 - as I have booked Jermsak's services for 3 days later this month. His reply on Feb. 2 to my Feb. 1 email sounds totally genuine - I know Jermsak well and view him as a good friend, but will also phone him if his next email back doesn't satisfy me. This is so hard on him especially just now!