We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On Your Marks, Get Set, Go

Which Chiang Rai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wyong, Australia
reviews: 35
On Your Marks, Get Set, Go

The cook gets an early start, so she’ll do the packing, two more sleeps and it’s off to Sydney for a flight to the Gold Coast then overnight at a local hotel with an early A/A to KL the next morning, now the daughters given me a badge to wear she reckons it’ll ward off any unwanted nasties, but I can’t see where a peace of tin saying No Bogens will help us on a plane!

We’ll spend the night in KL then an early morning trip to Chiang Mai just in time to grab a Green Bus to Chiang Rai; we have four nights at Starbright, back on the same Green Bus to Chiang Mai where we’ll spend two nights at Centara.

An early morning flight will see us at Suvarnabhumi Airport waiting for an A/A plane to Phnom Penh ( PHN ), three nights and all the sights, the cook liked the Pavilion so it was unanimous I have to stay there. A few hours in a cab will get us to the town of Kampot and Rikitikitavi there we hope to just chill after three nights in KP we have five days unplanned, a flight out of PHN back to Bangkok and Chatrium Suites for three days, then KL and Traders for one night, a late night trip to Coolangatta, Sydney and Home.

Ready or not Thailand here we come.

inaspin

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
reviews: 126
1. Re: On Your Marks, Get Set, Go

inaspin:

Have a wonderful time and if you can find a few extra minutes while you are in Chiang Rai, do let us know how it is going.

My best to the cook. Someone has to keep you in line!

Travel Safe,

Broder

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
reviews: 30
2. Re: On Your Marks, Get Set, Go

Have a wonderful time - can't wait to hear all about it.

I'm on that same Gold Coast flight in less than two weeks time for KL.

But - don't you know that AA planes are full of bogans - at least according to Mulvi. Is that where the bogan reference comes from?????

Those were the days!

Caroline.

Wyong, Australia
3. Re: On Your Marks, Get Set, Go

Thanks Broder. :)

A/A full of Bogans you say, well somethings never change, yes Caroline gone but not forgotten.

tasmania
reviews: 78
4. Re: On Your Marks, Get Set, Go

hey inaspin,

we will be at starbright 13th & 14th, if we see a guy with a "no bogan" sign on his chest we'll say Hi!! You "spun me around so much I wasn't sure if they were the days we'll be there or not!

Nette

Colorado
Destination Expert
5. Re: On Your Marks, Get Set, Go

Inaspin and Nette:

Can't wait to hear about both of your trips to Chiang Rai.

Inaspin, I'll be interested in knowing if you find the same driver with the broken glasses by the clock tower again!

Safe Travels to both of you,

Broder

Wyong, Australia
6. Re: On Your Marks, Get Set, Go

Nette,

You won't see us in Chiang Rai we left this morning 10th for Chiang Mai, we decided to leave early the town is a bit sad only 25% of the market food stall tables are taken with diners, the restaurants are nearly empty when I asked the locals why the reply was always low season when I asked if Bangkok had affected tourism they would look at their feet and nod their heads :(

Broder at the moment we're sitting in an internet cafe in the old city writing this, I did walk around near the clock with a map in hand hoping to catch a fish but nothing.

Nette if you think I spun you around, you should see it from my side.

inaspin

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
reviews: 30
7. Re: On Your Marks, Get Set, Go

inaspin - Let us know how you are going in Chiang Mai - we need to hear MORE!

Wyong, Australia
8. Re: On Your Marks, Get Set, Go

Hey G-Day

Last day in Chiang Mai and were off to Phnom Phenn tomorrow,

The street markets are very quiet, when we were here in February walking through the street stalls was a task but now its easy going, again the reason given is low season.

We’ve changed rooms at the Centara, the cook and I are on our 3rd room in 4 days, :)

Now I don’t know if it was her intention but I think she’s trying to save the economy single handed we’ve had to upgrade our luggage three times :(

The weather’s great we find it cool, a little humid but with an afternoon shower that we look forward to every day, the stall holders scurry about trying to stop the leaks with little effect, but the showers soon pass.

inaspin

Colorado
Destination Expert
9. Re: On Your Marks, Get Set, Go

Inapsin:

Love the updates but so sorry to hear that the low season and the difficulties in Bangkok have left the stalls so empty. Hopefully it will pick up.

Too bad you couldn't find that "fish" by the clocktower!

Enjoy Cambodia,

Broder

10. Re: On Your Marks, Get Set, Go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 11, 2010