We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Budget Hotel/Resort near Airport?

Which Chiang Rai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 8
Recommended Budget Hotel/Resort near Airport?

Hi, my family and I are going to be in Chiang Rai for a day or two before heading off to Phuket. So I am trying to find some place to stay that isn't too far away from the airport because we have an early flight.. Maybe a 10-15 minute drive at most, shorter the better of course..

We are 4 adults so we will need 2 rooms, or even a suite that will accommodate 4 people in one room (which I find far and few between).

However, our budget is low around 1000-1200 BHT, maybe $30-$40 US a night a night.

Do you recommend any hotels near by?

Oh, just a weird preference I have.. We love staying in bungalows/cabins/stand alone mini houses.. It gives more privacy, close to nature, and more of an authenic feel of staying in one than in a hotel.. It isn't necessary but it would be a better experience..

And we will want to do some tours while we are there, like see the Golden Triangle and the Karen Long Neck Tribe.

I was looking at..

Golden Triangle Inn - Looks not bad, any opinions?

Pongprabaht Resort - Except I haven't heard anything really about this place at all! Looks nice but I value to hear people's opinions about it..

Rimkok Resort Hotel - Some rates were lower but it varied depending on which website I looked at.. I read that the grounds and landscaping is gorgeous, but the rooms are run down and not great.. A bit out of the way and out of town but kinda near the airport? Any opinions?

LaLuna Hotel and Resort - Looks nice but on their official website it says its $80-$100 US a night (which is too much).. However, if I look at Agonda its $40 US a night or $39 at Direct Rooms.. So I am a bit confused and wondering if I should trust those sites or not.

Moon & Sun Hotel - Heard it's new and was recommended by Lonely Planet but its just a standard hotel with nothing unique about it.. But if we can't find anything else we'd consider it.

Any other ones I should look at? Any help or opinions you could give would be great!

bangkok
reviews: 3
1. Re: Recommended Budget Hotel/Resort near Airport?

SportsGal

of all the hotels you have mentioned and keeping to your budget then La Luna would be my choice.

2 excellent websites to book/pay for this accommodation are

www.asiarooms.com

www.sawadee.com

i exclusively use both to book accommodation in thailand and have had no problems over the years. they also come with reviews of the above hotel and other hotels in Chiang Rai.

bkk3

2. Re: Recommended Budget Hotel/Resort near Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, October 10, 2009