We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it worth upgrade - Holiday Inn

Which Cha-am hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chesterfield
reviews: 31
Is it worth upgrade - Holiday Inn

Hi - we are stopping at the Holiday Inn in Cha am for Xmas. We have booked a superior mountain view room (which is the cheapest room despite the name). Can anyone tell me if it is worth upgrading to a different type of room?

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 3
1. Re: Is it worth upgrade - Holiday Inn

Depends on the difference in price.

Do though consider that most will get up, head down to breakfast, back to room, then either off to the pool / beach or out on a trip or other daytime activities.

Perhaps before going out in the evening relax for an hour or so.

So you probably won't spend thast much time in the room.

Having a room that perhaps has a sea view for not too much more, yes, I would say worth it. But not if it's a large amount of money that could be spend enjoying eatring out at better places, perhaps shopping, whatever.

Comes down to the price difference in my opinion.

Edited: 11:09 pm, July 09, 2010
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 71
2. Re: Is it worth upgrade - Holiday Inn

Hi,

I'm with Monica on this one.. I think that it really does depending on exactly how much more are we talking about-- in real numbers-- not percentages.. Plus, what does that "upgrade" exactly entail..

In my mind, if your plans including spending fair amounts of time *in* the room and/or using the upgraded facilities--- then it could very well be a good deal.. But, my initial guess would be that no, it wouldn't be as *most* but not all, people who come here are not really here for the room aspect, but for everything outside of the room..

However, in the end, like most things of "is it worth it", that's largely based on how you do value your money and what's important to you in this case.

Travel Safe,

Chesterfield
3. Re: Is it worth upgrade - Holiday Inn

Yes - you are both right. We are staying for 40 nights so the cost is quite a lot to upgrade and of course we will only be sleeping there. I just wondered if anyone was able to give me a comparison of the different rooms or tell me if the rooms are the same just different views which is often the case.

UK
reviews: 13
4. Re: Is it worth upgrade - Holiday Inn

If you're doing 40 nights might be worth asking if a free upgrade is available, given the amount of business you are putting thier way.

norwich
reviews: 23
5. Re: Is it worth upgrade - Holiday Inn

hi,the only difference in the room types is the view.most of the sea view rooms are only partial views due to palm trees etc, being in your line of sight to the ocean.

a better upgrade would be the regency wing where the rooms are much larger and have a seperate seating area but are much more expensive.

nb1

Chesterfield
6. Re: Is it worth upgrade - Holiday Inn

Thanks Norwichblue1 - I wondered if that was the case. Sunbear - I wouldn't know how to ask for a free upgrade or who to ask - although I am in awe of anyone that does and manages to get upgrades.

Essex
reviews: 99
7. Re: Is it worth upgrade - Holiday Inn

Have you booked directly with the hotel or used an agent? We booked the Regency room for 14 nights last summer and were given a free upgrade to the villas. If you have booked directly with the hotel email the reservations to ask firstly for a free upgrade given the amount of time you are booked (you can always ask for the cost if they will not give you a free upgrade). Even if you booked through an agent it wont hurt to email and ask for the upgrade. If you don't ask you wont know what extras you may be entitled to.

Chesterfield
8. Re: Is it worth upgrade - Holiday Inn

Ok - I've never done this before but after much deliberation I have bitten the bullet and emailed to say that we are staying for 40 nights and also celebrating my husband's 60th birthday. As long stay guests, would they be able to offer us a complimentary room upgrade. I'll keep you posted.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 3
9. Re: Is it worth upgrade - Holiday Inn

Good luck :)

Certainly for 40 days you should be after something special

Note:- For a stay of 40 days you will need to get a 60 day tourist visa in advance from Thai Embassy or Consular Office, I hope you know that.

Edited: 9:18 pm, July 24, 2010
Essex
reviews: 99
10. Re: Is it worth upgrade - Holiday Inn

I hope you are successful in your quest for a room upgrade. I received an email from the promotions at Holiday in regarding longstay at the hotel. The following is copied from their info:

Long Stay Benefit :

10% Discount Food & Beverage

20% Discount Transfer Service

10% Discount In-room Internet Access

10% Discount Long Distance Call

10% Discount Laundry & Dry Cleaning

20% Discount Spa Treatment

Conditions :

Guarantee of minimum 14 consecutive nights

Inclusive of daily buffet breakfast

Inclusive of 10% service charge and 7% value added tax

In the event of number of total usage nights are less than minimum committed nights, room rate will be adjusted to hotel’s best flexible rate on day of arrival.

Could be that a few more benefits will be coming your way.

Good Luck and enjoy your holiday

Get answers to your questions about Cha-am