We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far Bangkok to Cha-am?

Which Cha-am hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
How far Bangkok to Cha-am?

Family of 4 will be in Bangkok in mid-July, I'm thinking Pattaya or Cha-am?? Please advise., which city better for family? How far is BKK to Cha-am?

Thankyou for help! Aztang

Western Australia
reviews: 2
1. Re: How far Bangkok to Cha-am?

Hi Aztang,

I'm not familiar with Pattaya, but Cha Am is a nice place for a family. It's very quiet during the week and much busier on the weekends when lots of Thais come down from Bangkok for the weekend.

Cha Am is 200 km from Bangkok according to my Lonely Planet guide. It's only 25 km from Hua Hin, and if you get hold of a Lonely Planet for Thailand it shows quite a bit of detail about what's in the Cha Am area.

Regards

Mike

-
2. Re: How far Bangkok to Cha-am?

Cha Am is 160 km south of Bangkok on the coast of the Gulf of Thailand, just 20 km north of Hua Hin. Cha Am is very popular with weekend visitors from Bangkok but during the week is quiet. Accommodation includes many famous hotels and resorts including the Dusit resort and Polo Club, The Regent Cha Am, Golden Sands Resort and the Springfield Resort. Cha Am is much quieter than Hua hin with limited shopping, Hua Hin however is just 20 minutes away by modern highway providing shopping, restaurants and bars.

Have nice trip to you!!!

california
3. Re: How far Bangkok to Cha-am?

Thankyou :)for the information.I think we will stay in Sheraton Hua Hin. How is Sheraton location? Is close to town, shopping & night market?

Thanks again!! Aztang

Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 8
4. Re: How far Bangkok to Cha-am?

Sheraton is about 5 km to the center (night market) of Hua Hin.

They should provide some kind of shuttle bus for you.

between 17-20 July will be a lot of people coming down from Bangkok since is is a 4 day long weekend.

A tip for your trip, 17th July is another great Budhist day. At any temple, there is a ceremony. If you want to get a taste of the Thai culture, visit the temple around 6-7 pm.

Have fun.

california
5. Re: How far Bangkok to Cha-am?

Hello! Atom

Thankyou! :-) for infor. Our vacation star July/10, we are going to 4 country in Asia. Thailand is our last stop. We will arivel in July/24.

Too bad, We miss all the event. I wish I know early I will plan different way.

Aztang

Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 8
6. Re: How far Bangkok to Cha-am?

Nothing big. It's just a simple and religious one inside temples. Some temple just have a temple fair, where fund park is there.

7. Re: How far Bangkok to Cha-am?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, September 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Cha-am