We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Earliest ferry Koh Samui - Surat Thani (Airport) ?

Which Surat Thani hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aachen
Earliest ferry Koh Samui - Surat Thani (Airport) ?

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with this issue. I plan to be in Koh Samui in Sept, getting there, should be no problem with time management. However getting back to KL, there is a problem.

Ok, I found cheap flight from

*Air Asia, Surat Thani - Kuala Lumpur (only one flight) : 11:35am

So since I will be in Koh Samui that morning, so I need to get myself to Surat Thani (airport) and to catch that plane 11:35am

Is there a way ? Would it be enough time ? Can someone help me please?

Thanks !

19 replies to this topic
Saudi Arabia
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
reviews: 21
1. Re: Earliest ferry Koh Samui - Surat Thani (Airport) ?

Hi,

According to this link 05.00:

http://www.rajaferryport.com/

It arrives on the mainland at 06.30. However, the transfer from the pier to the airport takes about 1.5 hours. So, the earliest you will arrive at the airport is 08.15 taking into account the time needed to get off the ferry and then on to a bus.

I would play safe and stay on the mainland.

Aachen
2. Re: Earliest ferry Koh Samui - Surat Thani (Airport) ?

I think this is perfect !!! Thanks :D

My flight is at 11:35 am , so guess I have enough time :D I will try this one....

Thanks !!!

Saudi Arabia
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
reviews: 21
3. Re: Earliest ferry Koh Samui - Surat Thani (Airport) ?

Hi Tash,

I hope it works out for you. Do double check the ferry times once you arrive in Koh Samui. You will be able to buy a combo ticket which includes the cost of the ferry and bus to the airport.

Kuala Lumpur...
4. Re: Earliest ferry Koh Samui - Surat Thani (Airport) ?

Hi,

Could you please share which transportation provider did you go with to get from Koh Samui to Surat Thani Airport. I'm also book on the 11.35am flight back to Kuala Lumpur from Surat Thani. I'm concern if there is enough time to get back from Koh Samui to Surat Thani Airport. What time did you leave Koh Samui ? Hope to hear from you. Thanks.

Aachen
5. Re: Earliest ferry Koh Samui - Surat Thani (Airport) ?

Hi,

I have not travel to Samui yet, my trip will be in September though. So finger crossed :P

But I guess the reviews are very helpful, I did manage to find out that Raja Ferry starts to operate daily, at 5am onwards. So I think I will probably gonna get that one, from Samui to Surat Thani :D

Cheers

Kanchanaburi...
reviews: 32
6. Re: Earliest ferry Koh Samui - Surat Thani (Airport) ?

Would strongly suggest you book the ferry and bus transfer to the Surat Thani airport especially if you are thinking of Raja Ferry. Raja Ferry does not have much public transport at either side of the ports unlike Seatran. But if you make a booking for the complete trip, then you will be safe.

You can make the booking for the ferry and bus transfer at any travel agent in Samui.

reviews: 6
7. Re: Earliest ferry Koh Samui - Surat Thani (Airport) ?

Hi Tash,

I have the same issue as yours since i'll be travelling next month in June.Been planning the best way to get out from samui to catch up the flight at 1135am to KL

will try the same solution as yours and Will see how it goes. I hope it's turn out allright tho.

Kuala Lumpur...
8. Re: Earliest ferry Koh Samui - Surat Thani (Airport) ?

Hi Tash,

Thanks for your reply. I wrote to phantip travel recently and they apparently have transport arrangements for travellers booked on the 11.35am flight from Surat Thani. Listed below is the time table FYI:

The timetables for the services are as follows:

Arrival to Suratthani Airport (URT)

12.00 PM - Bus departs Suratthani AIrport

14.00 PM - Ferry to Koh Samui

15.30 PM - Arrival to Nathorn Pier

15.45 - 16.00 PM - Minivan leaves to hotels

*If flights are delayed then passengers will have to catch a later service. There is a ferry every hour. 

Departure from Koh Samui (Hotel)

6.00 AM - Standby and minivan picks up from hotel

7.00 AM - Board the ferry, ferry departs to Donsak pier

8.30 AM - Arrive in Donsak pier

8.45 AM - Bus departs to Suratthani Airport (URT)

10.00 AM - Bus arrives at Suratthani Airport

*This service is on only for passengers traveling to KL with the Airasia flight

I'm thinking of going with this option. Read some reviews on Rajaferry and although the ferry service starts earlier, some mentioned that the land transfer is not so convenient.

Hope this helps!

Kuala Lumpur...
9. Re: Earliest ferry Koh Samui - Surat Thani (Airport) ?

Hi Tash,

Thanks for your reply. I wrote to phantip travel recently and they apparently have transport arrangements for travellers booked on the 11.35am flight from Surat Thani. Listed below is the time table FYI:

The timetables for the services are as follows:

Arrival to Suratthani Airport (URT)

12.00 PM - Bus departs Suratthani AIrport

14.00 PM - Ferry to Koh Samui

15.30 PM - Arrival to Nathorn Pier

15.45 - 16.00 PM - Minivan leaves to hotels

*If flights are delayed then passengers will have to catch a later service. There is a ferry every hour. 

Departure from Koh Samui (Hotel)

6.00 AM - Standby and minivan picks up from hotel

7.00 AM - Board the ferry, ferry departs to Donsak pier

8.30 AM - Arrive in Donsak pier

8.45 AM - Bus departs to Suratthani Airport (URT)

10.00 AM - Bus arrives at Suratthani Airport

*This service is on only for passengers traveling to KL with the Airasia flight

I'm thinking of going with this option. Read some reviews on Rajaferry and although the ferry service starts earlier, some mentioned that the land transfer is not so convenient.

Hope this helps!

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Phangan, Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 42
10. Re: Earliest ferry Koh Samui - Surat Thani (Airport) ?

I always recommend staying in Surat Thani overnight as if there are delays with the ferry you will miss your 11.35 flight.

First ferry at 5am, gets to Don Sak at 6.30am, transfer to airport makes it 8am as long as everything goes according to plan, AA flights close 45 minutes before take off and apparently they are quite strict about not letting anyone through after this.

Reply to: Earliest ferry Koh Samui - Surat Thani (Airport) ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted