We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I understand it right? Surat Thani train station to Samui

Which Surat Thani hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland Region...
reviews: 20
Do I understand it right? Surat Thani train station to Samui

I have booked train 83 from Bkk to Surat Thani arriving at 04:24

- expect train to be late, maybe 2 hours

I have not prebooked bus & ferry tickets

shuttles or buses meet you at Surat Thani train station where you can buy with cash a combo bus & ferry ticket to Koh Samui

- staying in Bophut in Koh Samui so best to take Seatran Ferry which docks at Nathon pier

Catch songthaew to hotel

Just wanting to make sure I have it 'straight' and havent made any wrong assumptions after reading many posts.

Norfolk, England
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Batu Ferringhi, Chaweng, Ko Samui
reviews: 174
1. Re: Do I understand it right? Surat Thani train station to Samui

Hi

Yes you have assumed spot on!!

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 44
2. Re: Do I understand it right? Surat Thani train station to Samui

Hi

You did well with your research. Is it PM or AM 04.24? If PM you might push a bit if the train very late as the last ferry depart from the pier to koh samui 19.00hour.

No need to pre book bus + ferry combo just get it once arrive.

Good luck

Auckland Region...
reviews: 20
3. Re: Do I understand it right? Surat Thani train station to Samui

Yay so glad I worked it out right.

It is an AM arrival so I am banking on train being a bit late. Am sure can grab a coffee and breakfast from station or near to it if we have to wait for the first buses.

Thank you for replies.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 44
4. Re: Do I understand it right? Surat Thani train station to Samui

Get on first available bus. The first ferry depart from Donsak pier 06.00hour. There are places for coffee, breakfast at the pier. They also have a coffee shop on the ferry.

Saudi Arabia
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
reviews: 21
5. Re: Do I understand it right? Surat Thani train station to Samui

Hi,

If you plan on taking the Lomprayah bus/catamaran it will depart at around 08.45 but the exact departure will depend on the arrival of the train(s) from Bangkok. As sweetpea suggests, take the first bus to Don Sak and take a car ferry over.

It is possible to eat breakfast at the Raja ferry pier but do not expect anything spectacular. I think you will be better off eating close to the rail station.

6. Re: Do I understand it right? Surat Thani train station to Samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 30, 2014