I highly recommend Limestone Lake Tours as well but if you want to save money for the transfer side and just use them for the tour then here is how to do it:
- Get taxi to the Bus Station in Phuket Town
- Catch bus to Surat Thani (via Takua Pa)
- Should cost you less than 200 baht per person
- Tell driver you want to go to Khao Sok - they are usually really good letting you know when to get off
- Jump off at Khao Sok. You will be approached by touts to get you to accommodation. Let them know you have a booking (unless you are winging it) and they will drop you to Arts Riverview for 40 baht per person (can probably negotiate that down if you can be bothered). Its about a 3km walk otherwise (and trust me its a loooong way with a 20 kg backpack on your back .. if I could go back I wouldnt be stubborn and I would have paid the 30 baht I had managed to get him down to but stubbornly refused to pay wanting more of a discount.. hehe)
Plenty of options to stay at but Arts is highly recommended and the lodging that Limestone Lake Tours use. I looked at doing it myself a few years back but decided the hassle of trying to do it myself wasnt worth the small saving in money, so I went with LLT. They are brilliant and I have used them again since!
I recommend their Jungle Magic tour which is one night at Arts in the Jungle (request the waterfall shower rooms OR Treehouse A B or C) and then one night at the Floating Rafthouses (this place is PARADISE). The price of the tour includes extra activities like guided jungle walks, canoeing and elephant rides as well as all meals and water!
My trips are here for photos and details:
Hope that helps