We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach bar and sun bed recommendation

Which Khao Lak hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
East Bergholt...
reviews: 61
Beach bar and sun bed recommendation

Currently in khao Lak south area and not enjoying the vibe at our hotel/pool area. Please can someone recommend a nice beach bar and restaurant where we can use sunbeds for the day. Also easy to get to from our location.

Yours in despairation....

Many thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Poulton-le-Fylde, UK
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
1. Re: Beach bar and sun bed recommendation

Where exactly are you? If you are near the Merlin or Emerald, just walk left along the beach onto Pakarang Beach and go around the headland until you come to Komol's Corner, a great little local beach restaurant with free loungers under the trees and massage beds with great view over to Tab Lamu.

East Bergholt...
2. Re: Beach bar and sun bed recommendation

Hi Arandora

Been there today and I'm afraid I got eaten by mozzies under the trees...yes its a lovely wee place though. We are in the Briza. Anything towards Nang Thong/KL centre you can recommend? Many thanks.

Kent, United Kingdom
reviews: 5
3. Re: Beach bar and sun bed recommendation

We stay at The Merlin, agree with Alan the beaches and little restaurants to the left are fab. Do you have to be on a sun bed ? as if you continue further along there's a deserted stretch of beach with hardly any trees if that's where you think the mozzies are coming from.

I'm fair skinned so normally get eaten alive by mozzies but oddly never in Khao Lak, maybe try a day out a sea to get away from them.

Poulton-le-Fylde, UK
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
4. Re: Beach bar and sun bed recommendation

Yes there are two places further on with sun beds. Other than that over the mountain there is nothing on Sunset Beach (other than the resorts and one beach restaurant but don't knowe whether it has loungers) then on Nang Thong Beach there is place belonging to the Suqwan Palm Resort that I think is open to non-guests then much further up past the Sands and the La Own there is a whole row of beach restaurants, bars and massage places with free loungers.

Alternatively if you like the Merlin's grassed area, go to Reception there, explain that you are not satisfied at Briza pool and ask could you use their loungers if you dine/drink there. Other resorts do that.

East Bergholt...
5. Re: Beach bar and sun bed recommendation

Thanks folks, will try further on from Komil Corner then. We had four days at bangsak beach and were thoroughly spoilt I think!

Reply to: Beach bar and sun bed recommendation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted