We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Similan trip

Which Khao Lak hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Similan trip

Hi,we are in Khao Lak now staying at the Sands, can we have recommendation fro snorkeling trip to Similan island , which tour should we book with and where? Thank you so much.

12 replies to this topic
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
reviews: 66
1. Re: Similan trip

Fantastic Similan, Love Andaman, Ruk Talay, Kuraburi Greenview are all very good operators. Shop around for best price.

Birmingham UK
reviews: 9
2. Re: Similan trip

We found Asian tours to be pretty cheap, you can get the tour for 1700 each. They are a few shops left of The Banana Plaza. They also do the elephant treck and kayak trip through the Khao-sok National Park.

Edited: 5:02 pm, April 09, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 18
3. Re: Similan trip

My partner and I did a trip to the Similan Islands with Love Andaman in March. We booked this while we were in Khao Lak (it's much cheaper than online)... The place we booked ours through was near the Nang Thong Supermarket but I don't think you can go too wrong. Just ask them who the tour operator is and go with one of Arandoras suggestions above (thats what we did). This tour was 'on sale' at the time so we got a good deal.. you can negotiate price a little though depending how many people you are booking for.

On a side note, if you get sea sick take some tablets with you just in case. The day we went, there were a lot of sickies (including me) as it was very rough. You never know what you'll get so just be prepared :)

Enjoy!

Sydney Australia
reviews: 52
4. Re: Similan trip

We've been twice, cant remember the 1st tour group but the last one was with Fantastic Similan, they were as the name says Fantastic. Great fun day out hosted by some of the guys from Moo Moos Cabaret show. Both tours we went with provided sea sick tablets. Tours can be bought from all the street tour desks, shop around and as already suggested stick to one of Arandora's suggestions.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
5. Re: Similan trip

I am sure there are other operators that people have been satisfied with. The ones I've recommended are because I've used or had personal experience of them.

Melbourne
6. Re: Similan trip

Thank everyone for the input. Booked Love Andaman and will write a report when we get back.

London, United...
7. Re: Similan trip

Hello, I would like to know if there are one day trips to Similan Islands from Khao Lak, departing early morning and coming back late afternoon? many thanks

London, United...
8. Re: Similan trip

Hello, I would like to know if there are one day trips to Similan Islands from Khao Lak, departing early morning and coming back late afternoon? many thanks

Milan, Italy
9. Re: Similan trip

Are you looking to go now?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
10. Re: Similan trip

All day trips to Similans you are picked up[ at your hotel between 7am and 8am usually depending where you are staying and which other passengers are to be picked up. You are then taken to the pier at Tab Lamu a short distance away and speedboat usually departs about 8am to 9am for the 75 minute trip. You return from Similans usually ablbout 3pm to 3.30pm arriving back at your hotel 5.30pm to 6pm. However, trips to Similans and Surins finish on 15th May until the end of October unless an announcement is made that they will reopen on 15th October.

Reply to: Similan trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted