We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restauarants remaining open SWet Season 2014

Which Khao Lak hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Poulton-le-Fylde, UK
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
reviews: 61
Restauarants remaining open SWet Season 2014

In our last week or so before returning home the other day I found out as best as possible the situation on restaurant closures over the forthcoming Wet Season.

* Bang La On and Bang Niang - most restaurants will stay open as long into May as possible with closures thereafter depending on customers. Smile Restaurant in Bang La On closed for June and September.

* Beach Restaurants - most restaurants close every Wet Season due to adverse beach and Ocean conditions. No reason to believe that will not be the case this year. Some comments:

** Khao Lak Beach including Poseidon Beach - beach restaurants unlikely to remain open but plenty behind the main resorts and on the highway will stay open.

** Nang Thong Beach - beach restaurants between La Own and Bang Sak Beach likely to close.

** Bang Niang Beach - beach restaurants to stay open as long as weather allows. Those overlooking beach depends on customers.

** Khuk Khak Beach- Sunset Bar and Lay likely to close, those next to JWM will depend on weather. Ma Ma Greetings definitely closing end of April. Construction of the new restaurants at the rear halted and none will open before next High Season.

** Pakarang - Khai's already closed, Memories to stay open, those on the road nearby uncertain.

** Pak Weeb Beach- Boatyard to close after Songkran (1th April) to mid October, Nang Sip Song to close for Wet Season, Rim Lay to stay open, White Sand Beach, Ao Thong to close (but Mr.Nueng may change his mind), other two not decided. All restaurants between Beyond and Bang Sak Beach just past the Mai Resort to close but Elicious opening a restaurant on the the highway to the north of the entrance to the Beyond for Wet Season customers.

** Bang Sak Beach - beach restaurants near Gracelands to close, those near entrance not known, those on adjacent Bang Sak Promenade "may" stay open particularly at weekends as they are popular with Thais.

Map of all areas at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

This was the position as at 1st April. It would be helpful if anyone in Khao Lak over this period or becomes aware of different information if they could post it here to help other members.

31 replies to this topic
Poulton-le-Fylde, UK
Destination Expert
1. Re: Restauarants remaining open SWet Season 2014

Bump

melbourne australia
reviews: 23
2. Re: Restauarants remaining open SWet Season 2014

Happy to report whats hot and whats not , from april 23 onwards

London.UK
reviews: 6
3. Re: Restauarants remaining open SWet Season 2014

That would be VERY useful as we leave on 30 April for 12 Days

melbourne australia
reviews: 23
4. Re: Restauarants remaining open SWet Season 2014

Hope to do a good sweep of most beaches in the first few days,

so will report on here

Sydney Australia
reviews: 52
5. Re: Restauarants remaining open SWet Season 2014

We were there May last year, found it quiet, probably 80% restaurants 70% shops open, went back late October all open.

Zhengzhou, China
reviews: 17
6. Re: Restauarants remaining open SWet Season 2014

I hope you're correct about Memories being open because I'm staying at Apsara for four weeks in July/Aug.

I wrote to Memories (several months ago) and they said they would be closed during 'Green Season'.

Poulton-le-Fylde, UK
Destination Expert
7. Re: Restauarants remaining open SWet Season 2014

Perhaps you'd better check again. They may have changed their mind based on potential Apsara customers.

Zhengzhou, China
reviews: 17
8. Re: Restauarants remaining open SWet Season 2014

I wrote to Memories again and received this reply -

Hi

Thank for writ to me .sorry we no open dis time

Thank you

Ching

ส่งจาก Windows Phone

Poulton-le-Fylde, UK
Destination Expert
9. Re: Restauarants remaining open SWet Season 2014

Thanks for letting us know.

London, England
reviews: 1
10. Re: Restauarants remaining open SWet Season 2014

Bump

Any updates to beach restaurants that are still open, staying open.

Particularly White Sands area

Cheers

Reply to: Restauarants remaining open SWet Season 2014
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak