We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thank you Arandora

Which Khao Lak hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bury St. Edmunds...
reviews: 35
Thank you Arandora

Hi a great big thank you for recommending the resturant Khao Niao to me a while back, I have just got back from eating their tonight, I'm a big foodie just got here from Bangkok eating in some great resturants and this is the best so far, now anybody reading this all our tastes are very different I cook with chillies etc most days and asked for my meals to be authentic Thai so they were very hot( just how I love it) service is quite slow as a young lady is running it with just three of them her niece cooks, but definitely in my option well worth the wait. Now not sure were to try next hill tribes had lots of good reviews have you eaten their recently Arandora? Thank you so much once again.

Edited: 9:24 am, November 20, 2012
jersey channel...
1. Re: Thank you Arandora

Hi Helly,

Sounds just up my street !!! Love spicy food, I will put that on my list for places to eat !! We arr in Jan for 3 wks so any more suggestions please !!!

We are staying at the Ramada. Any nice beach bars to recommend for a cold beer and some Thai food !!!!!

Thanks

Sydney Australia
reviews: 52
2. Re: Thank you Arandora

Try the Orchid at the northern end of Bang La On just past the entrance to the new Sands Hotel.

As Aussies its the best Thai food we've eaten anywhere. Run by a brother and sister (who cooks) with a young 13 year old orphan helping them.

Absolutely unbelievable food, we went back again and again.

Bury St. Edmunds...
3. Re: Thank you Arandora

Hi tezzat, thanks for the recommendation I had a meal there tonight, really nice food and lovely friendly service.

There you go theparkiesjer another nice resturant for you to try, I'm staying at the sarojin which is on a different beach than the Ramada so sorry don't think I'll be able to help you about the beach bars near your hotel, but if I find some more nice resturants when I venture into town I'll let you know. :)

Poulton-le-Fylde, UK
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
reviews: 61
4. Re: Thank you Arandora

We arrived this evening and after quick shower and change went for a superb meal at the Smile Restaurant in Bang La On. They are great friends of ours so obviously I am biased but consistently being No1 on TA means others rate it highly too.

Word of warning though you MUST book in advance unless they fit you in on the off chance. They were packed tonight and Francky said it was a "quiet night". Service IS slow as all meals are cooked to order from fresh ingredients. They don't have a freezer so no pre-frozen ingredients. Everyday 2 tomorrow and probably Hill Tribes the day after then we are going to try the new Japanese Restaurant on the Bang Niang Beach Road that is getting great reviews. The Orchid is high on the list though too!

norwich
reviews: 20
5. Re: Thank you Arandora

glad to see you have arrived safe and sound must be midnight there and time for some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz`s looking forward to your on the spot posts

Bury St. Edmunds...
6. Re: Thank you Arandora

Thank you Arandora I'll male sure I book and try smile, theparkiesjers I went to the boatyard tonight it was just a walk along the beach from me at the sarojin I think you would need a taxi to get there but another lovely resturant I sat right by the sea, there were only three tables of people when I went there which I thought was a shame as the food was really good. It is looking like all the resturants in khao Lak are lovely:)

jersey channel...
7. Re: Thank you Arandora

Thanks Helly ,

That's another must eat place !

As we are staying at the Ramada for 18 nights keep your suggestions coming please !!! And places to pop into for a nice cold beer.

Just finished my bangers & mash, raining outside and gale force 7/8 forecast for tonight !!!! Roll on Jan 23 ??????????

Bury St. Edmunds...
8. Re: Thank you Arandora

Hi, hill tribes tonight very nice food and lovely people, we were the only people in there untill we were just about to leave , the waitress said it is very quite this year not as many visitors to Thailand , which is so sad as this is such a lovely place and the people are so kind and friendly, we do go out early as we get up very early for diving etc, maybe more people go out a lot later in khao Lak!

Arandora I can't seem to find smile on the map I have could you please give me directions. Thank you

Poulton-le-Fylde, UK
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
reviews: 61
9. Re: Thank you Arandora

In Bang La On walk south (heading back towards Phuket) from the Nang Thong Supermarket and on the same side and it is about the last restaurant on your right just as the dual carriageway ends.

Bury St. Edmunds...
10. Re: Thank you Arandora

Hi Arondora , thank you I did find it but as you said they were fully booked ;( so I went to Bussaba next to the blue dive centre, another lovely meal I would definatley reccomend it, I will try to book smile in the next couple of days, anyone coming to khao lak will not be disapointed in my opinion were ever they eat as I feel the food is great every where! I now need to stay a few nights at the sarojin as lots of diving coming up, and the food here is lovely , but so much great food in town I bet we find the energy to go out as in town the food is half the price and just as good but I must say the wine at the sarojin wins hands down. :)