We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers with Boss of Taxis Khao Lak

Which Khao Lak hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sunshine Coast
reviews: 28
Transfers with Boss of Taxis Khao Lak

Given that someone reported a negative experience a while back I just wanted to give feedback about our recent transfers with Boss. We had 3 transfers booked between Khao Lak, Phuket and Krabi. We booked them al lwith Boss in advance via email because we wanted a proper babyseat for our 1 year old for the longer car journeys. Boss even did a transfer for us from Phuket airport to Sheraton Krabi for the same price as the Krabi based companies were offering. I'm pleased to say that all transfers were excellent. We had the same car and driver each time. The driver was always on time or early for each pick up and was really lovely and the SUV was clean and spacious. The babyseats are fairly new and clean and well installed. When we arrived at Phuket airport the driver was where Boss had said he would be with our name clearly displayed. We couldn't fault any of the transfers in any way and would certainly book with Boss again in the future.

46 replies to this topic
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
reviews: 77
1. Re: Transfers with Boss of Taxis Khao Lak

I negative review, which I can't recall, among all the recommendations can't be bad. :-)

Houston, Texas
reviews: 5
2. Re: Transfers with Boss of Taxis Khao Lak

It's good to hear a shining report! I just booked Boss for our transfers this past weekend for our trip in December and he was super fast and professional via e mail.

norwich
reviews: 23
3. Re: Transfers with Boss of Taxis Khao Lak

never had any problems with boss a really good service and using him again in 6 weeks time.

1 bad report just goes to show you can`t please all the people all the time.

Sydney Australia
reviews: 52
4. Re: Transfers with Boss of Taxis Khao Lak

Used him twice last trip for transfers both ways Phuket-Khao Lak, great car great driver great service.

He's at the top of my list for next trip.

Everyone gets a bad report sometimes, the magnitude of excellent reports for Boss speak for themselves.

Berlin, Berlin...
reviews: 8
5. Re: Transfers with Boss of Taxis Khao Lak

I checked different possibilities and the Boss is just the best for the long distance.

I called him quite spontaneously because another guy (who had of course to go back to Khao Lak) wanted the price for both ways.

Due to the boss' strategy of having drivers on different stations he's just hard to compete with.

Anyway, I called him for a transfer from Khao Lak to Phuket Town as soon as possible. He said he will call back in 2 minutes and so he did.

1500 THB for Phuket Town was a reasonable price (Hotel wanted 3000 and the other driver 1800). For the airport it would have been 1200.

The driver (Som - like Sang Som :D) was on time and friendly. The car was in a very good condition and comfortable. I showed him the hotel name and address on my smart phone and that's it.

On sunday we wanted to go back from Chalong pier (after diving) to Khao Lak. The price was 1700 (200 more than from Phuket Town) which was again reasonable.

This time, we couldn't find the driver. But Chalong pier is not a small area.

So I called Boss and it took about 5 minutes and the driver arrived and excused for the delay.

It was easy for me because I was on holidays. I don't care about 5 or 10 minutes. I experienced Boss as a reliable person.

On the last days in Khao Lak I passed Boss booth on the road.

I asked him if he is the Boss. He nodded and ask who I am. I told him my name and he asked me if the transfer to Phuket and from Chalong to Khao Lak have been ok. He remembered my destinations. :)

Friendly guy. Next time, I will not take these included transfers to the hotel but will directly contact the Boss.

cheaper_khaolak@ymail.com

http://www.facebook.com/bosstaxikhaolak

Edited: 4:53 pm, August 24, 2012
Caloundra, Australia
reviews: 10
6. Re: Transfers with Boss of Taxis Khao Lak

Hi Cassie, I'm also on the Sunshine Coast! Can you please tell me the cost of all those transfers please? If you can remember. That is exactly where we are going next March - Phuket - Krabi - Khoa Lak. Thanks, Toni.

Sydney
reviews: 27
7. Re: Transfers with Boss of Taxis Khao Lak

We also just went through Boss for our trip to Khao Lak in July and I couldn't fault the service - it also saved us a fair bit of Baht when compared to what the hotel was asking for the same journey. I wouldn't hesitate to use his service again.

Cheers to TA - otherwise I would never have known about him!

Sunshine Coast
reviews: 28
8. Re: Transfers with Boss of Taxis Khao Lak

Hi TNT Webby, sorry it's taken me a while to reply. I will list all the prices here - all for SUV and jst remember we paid a bit extra each time for the baby seat - can't remember how much extra - 300 - 400 baht per trip I think. Phuket to Sheraton Krabi was 3000 baht, Krabi to Khao Lak was 2800 (Le Meridien so a bit out of town), Khao Lak to Patong (Patong was hideous but that's a story for another day!) was 2000 baht. Good luck with your travel planning - lucky thing! Let me know if you need any info..

Launceston...
reviews: 6
9. Re: Transfers with Boss of Taxis Khao Lak

Hi Webby,booked Boss for transfers for September.

Airport pickup - Khao Lak - Ao Nang - Patong family of 5 private minibus

7600bt ($230-240) All booked via email, great response & very easy. With all the good reviews I don't anticipate any problems. Will do review on return anyway. 1 week to go YIPEEEEEEE

Edited: 7:00 pm, August 27, 2012
Melbourne
reviews: 5
10. Re: Transfers with Boss of Taxis Khao Lak

We used Boss from Kantary to Surin Beach on the 24th of August 2012 for 1400B. We have always been using his service and are very happy.But, I have read that a Lady has made complaint about him and I have been talking to him about that. His explanation is quite clear that it happened that some using other services at the airport and not even informing him while his driver is waiting at the airport. Some does not inform him that there is delay of arrival time.

It does make sense that he send his car a long way to the airport and some does not try to respect the time.

Reply to: Transfers with Boss of Taxis Khao Lak
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak