We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safari

Which Arusha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
reviews: 29
safari

off to do some vol work tomorrow in arusha with real gap i am told they will have some info about safaris but can anyone advise of other options once in arusha we will be limited on time we are there for three and a half weeks and get every weekend free particularly interested in Ng crater and tarangire as well as arusha national park would like serengeti but not sure time .We will be able to be away from friday till monday any advise please

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 188
1. Re: safari

You can pick up a good safari to suit you when in Arusha. Go to India St. (Bara y India)and there are lots there to suit most pockets even struggling students. Beware of Flycatchers/Touts who will lure you in with a too good to be true offer, which it is!

Arusha NP is local of course and Tarangire, Lake Manyara and even Ngorongoro are mainly via a good tar road.Serengeti is quite abit further and the roads are not so good. Too far for a long weekend type trip.

Many operators to pick from. Swala, Access2Tanzania, Hoopoe, Basecamp to name but four. Be advised that Lodges can be a bit upmarket but there are some good clean budget options.

good luck.

New Hampshire
reviews: 3
2. Re: safari

Hi,

I went on safari in June with Swala and I highly recommend them. They are a Tanzania company with a small office right in Arusha. You can look up their Web site and contact them to see what they could offer you if you let them know their price range. I dealt with Gamaliel in their office and he always answered my e-mails promptly. The safari was great.

Lulu

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
reviews: 6
3. Re: safari

For 3 days you will probably not be able to get to the Serengeti and have time to do anything while there. If you are limited on time you would probably want to make you arrangements before arriving in Arusha, unless you want to spend a lot of your limited time looking at different safari companies.

england
reviews: 29
4. Re: safari

thanks to folks who respnded am here in arusha just sat at internet cafe have sorted two seperate weekend safaris with the company we doing vol work with doing 2 long weekends next weekend is tarangire fri to sun following weekend Ngonoro crater and serengeti and lake manyara fri to mon thanks again though

5. Re: safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, October 05, 2009