We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blacklisted Taichung driver!

Which Taichung hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Blacklisted Taichung driver!

林鴻慶

papa23tw@gmail.com / papa23tw@yahoo.com.tw

0920-266276 or 886-920-266276 (from oversea)

Read a few reviews about the above driver online so decided to engage him when we were in taiwan last week on taichung - cingjing trip, he charges us 4000twd with no stop over.

We know that he overcharged us but as it was a last min trip, we wanted to save effort on haggling/sourcing for other drivers.

He was almost 30mins late to pick us up from our minsu in Taichung. We were already a little unhappy about it but he apologised when he reached, so we decided to just let it go. In the car, my friend needed to use the toilet so we asked if he could stop at some public toilet and he commented in chinese that we're troublesome, we should have clear our bladder before going up the car.

I was annoyed and replied how do we even stop nature from calling.

After toilet break, we hop back into the car and he made a passing remark softly that we're delaying our own trip and dragging time then sped pretty fast during the whole trip.

First of all, such irresponsible attitude is absurd! We didn't rush him nor tell him that we needed to get there fast. He was the one that wasted our time by being late for 30mins and still have the cheek to try to deprive us of a 5mins toilet break!

As we're in his car, and in an unfamiliar country, we do not wanna make a hoo haa and decided to just keep quiet and ignore him throughout the whole journey.

His attitude is really irresponsible and leaves us with fear of going to Taiwan and engage driver again. Rude and uncouth! If he's so reluctant to drive, he shouldn't have agree to provide his service! Totally ruined our journey.

Think twice if you want to engage him.

52 replies to this topic
Singapore
31. Re: Blacklisted Taichung driver!

Enjoy yr trip!!!

Taiwan is simply the best place!! Hv been going there almosy every year since year 2007.. Hahah

Malaysia
reviews: 9
32. Re: Blacklisted Taichung driver!

lalang,

I totally agree with you..Wish to go to Taiwan again next year..."finger-cross"... ^_^

reviews: 15
33. Re: Blacklisted Taichung driver!

Agreed that mr Liao attitude is super unacceptable. I email mr Liao to enquire abt the rates and he replied me very rudely and says I'm keep asking him questions(when I only asked twice) and can't confirm his service.

I asked him about the rates for direct transfer from Taichung hsr and cingjing farm, he ask me to hire a cab that go by meter And I'll know the cost. Wat answer is that?? I am just trying to find more information in my prelimary research for the trip, he can't expect me to cfm anything !!!

He is really inpatient and keep emailing me to criticize my questions, when I nv reply him after that.

With this type of attitude I Will definitely not engage him!

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 14
34. Re: Blacklisted Taichung driver!

We just returned from Taiwan mid Dec. Over the past 2 trips, I've hired 8-9 drivers and we still prefer Mr Lin Hong Qin so we hired him again for our recent trip for 5 days. As we have already been to CJ last year, our focus this year was Taichung and Nantou. We stayed in Taichung (near Fengjia NM) and did day trips to Lugang and Nantou (covering Puli, SML and Sitou).

In Nanzhuang, there were 2 attractions I wanted to visit but was closed due to recent typhoon. However, our driver brought us on an adventure. We climbed over the barriers (many people do that too) and we managed to visit what I had originally planned. Another attraction was in Nantou, I wanted to visit a waterfall (can't rem the name offhand). It was a long drive into the mountains and when we go to the car park, we were the only one there. After 10 mins walk, we found the entrance to the suspension bridge closed due to recent natural disaster. Our driver took his initiative to venture the bridge by himself to check if it is safe to cross. Hubby went along, just to be there in case he needs help. And yes, we went ahead and found the waterfall by walking on muddy trails and climbing rocks as the manmade path was burnt down. It was truly a great adventure and my urban kids had a memorable experience.

Throughout our day trips, he was always there with us. In fact, out of so many drivers, he is the only driver who will walk with us, be it in attraction places or old street. We don't feel imposed or rushed as he is a very patient driver. He is also a safe driver except for our last day with him as he was rushing to bring us to 921 museum, free entry before 10am on Wed.

He drives a Wish yellow cab and is a licensed tour guide.

If I plan to visit taiwan again, he will still be my first choice.

Edited: 8:18 pm, January 09, 2014
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 1
35. Re: Blacklisted Taichung driver!

we have hiredMr. Lin for the upcoming trip..*finger cross* hope everything will be fine as saw quite a lot of complaint about him.

Edited: 1:17 am, January 10, 2014
singapore
36. Re: Blacklisted Taichung driver!

I just engaged Mr Lim Hong Qing for the recent trip from 3/3/14to 6/3/14. I find him a very down to earth man, reliable, honest, punctual and responsible driver cum tour guide. He has a good knowledge of most places. He walked with us to most of the attractions and tell us the history of each place. We had a better understanding of each place we visited. He is also a jovial man,he shared some jokes with us we had a good time chatting with him. Mr Lim also fetch us to try their local food which less tourist partonise. The food may not all suit our tastebuds but we appreciate his effort. He will be my first choice driver if I visit taiwan again.

reviews: 15
37. Re: Blacklisted Taichung driver!

Hi, i just return from my trip 28 feb to 5 march 2014. I've booked tony su to pick me up from taoyuan airport to cingjing farm and the next day for a day tour. just a few days before 28th feb, he did contact me and confirm the pick up at taoyuan at 7.15am. but on that morning upon reaching taiwan i called him and he didn't answer the call! i kept blasting his handphone and until 7.30am he answered and sounded still in bed. he seemed like has forgotten abt our appointment!!! and said that he will get my driver to contact me and hanged up.

i've booked a 7seater toyota wish with tony su for more comfort for 4 person with big luggage at NT4000 one way to cingjing farm with tony. Waited until 8.30am at the airport, tony gave me another driver number and a sedan private car came to pick me, my luggage almost couldnt squeeze in his boot!! It was so unconfortable throughout the ride up to cingjing which took 3hrs plus.

Later on the driver told me that he was called by tony's friend last minute to pick me and he happen to be near the airport so he volunteer to help tony to send me to cingjing instead, the next day's day tour, tony didnt even call me at all.

I felt that Tony su is quite irresponsible, we've already booked and he can just play you out and leaving you waiting stupidity if i never call him. I will definitely not recommend him to anyone! His price is not the cheapest anw, i've found even cheaper drivers offering the same service during my trip.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 14
38. Re: Blacklisted Taichung driver!

Krtng,

That was exactly what happened to me when I booked Tony Su in 2012.

I booked him for 2 days

Taichung to Cingjing, direct transfer

Day trip from Cingjing to Taichung, visiting Puli, SML

I emailed him a few days prior to my arrival and he acknowledged ok,. Called him when I reached taiwan and he also acknowledged too.p but he sounded unsure. Feeling uneasy, I called him again the next morning before our scheduled time, just to be sure but he didn't pick up e phone, when I finally got hold of him, he sounded like he just woke up from bed. And that was like 15mins before our appointment time. To cut the story short, he didn't turn up but sent a sedan taxi. I told him I needed a 7 seater as there were 6 of us. The driver said we can squeeze and go in 2 cabs, ie 1 cab take all passengers and another sedan cab will come later to pick up our luggages. I refused and the driver had no choice but to go away. Then another driver came.

For our trip back from Cingjing, again he didn't turn up but sent another driver. Our worst driver ever! Arrogant and braggart, brought us to souvenir shops and restaurant, insisted we order president fish. But the restaurant owner was nice to inform us president fish is not suitable as this fish comes with many tiny bones (my youngest child was 4 then). Anyway, it was a bad experience and like you, I won't recommend Tony Su,not even for transfer. Highly irresponsible.

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 22
39. Re: Blacklisted Taichung driver!

Hi blessed homemaker,

This is our 1st time to taichung (gg tis mid november).

After reading your posts in tripadvisor

Can i have the email or phone no of your driver u engaged in taichung.

Thank you.

40. Re: Blacklisted Taichung driver!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 am, June 03, 2014

Reply to: Blacklisted Taichung driver!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted