We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tango Hotgel in Taichung...

Which Taichung hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
reviews: 5
Tango Hotgel in Taichung...

This is a fine hotel with modern touches. In late March my wife and I walked in without a reservation and was surprised when on a Sunday afternoon they gave us a rate of around 110 USD, which was about 80 USD lower than its post rate on its website.

The spa area in the basement has a odd "men only" policy. I suggested to the front desk that they make the Japanese-style bath area with its hot and cold pools and steam room family friendly by requiring bath suits in the spa. Tango Hotel management said they were considering changing the men only policy.

Some on the Taichung forum said they spent a week at the Tango Hotel. I am curious what attractions there are in Taichung to spend so much time there.

For those seeking a bit of Americana and western food, there is a Gordon Biersch brewery restaurant a block away from the Tango. The food may not suit some, but I find the fresh brewed beer to be a pleasant change from most beers in East Asia from Thailand to South Korea that I find to be on the bland side.

1. Re: Tango Hotgel in Taichung...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, October 22, 2010