We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colombo airport transfers

Which Negombo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 24
Colombo airport transfers

Hi, we arrive into colombo at 11.55pm at night and have not got any transfers booked, is it easy to get a taxi and how can I ensure they are reputable? How much would it cost approximately to go to Negombo? Thanks.

7 replies to this topic
Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Colombo airport transfers

There are 6-7 taxi counters in arrivals hall. Negombo should be approx. LKR 2,000.

Hans

Helsinki, Finland
reviews: 36
2. Re: Colombo airport transfers

That's right. Getting a taxi from Bandaranayake airport is not an issue. Check the arrivals hall (as soon as you clear the custom, the taxi-stalls are on the right hand side). Anything more than Rs.2000 would be a rip off. They usually have a printed chart that shows you how much you should be charged. So have a look at it. Most of them are professional (according to Sri Lankan standard) and reliable as well.

Safe stay in Sri Lanka!

Australia
reviews: 26
3. Re: Colombo airport transfers

I am in negombo now and paid 1000 from the airport in a tuk tuk. I am going to the airport tomorrow by tuk tuk and he is charging 950

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
4. Re: Colombo airport transfers

That seems a bit overpriced.

Hans

Queensland
reviews: 137
5. Re: Colombo airport transfers

For a tuk tuk its a bit dear. For an extra $8 you could get a private car and driver.

6. Re: Colombo airport transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, April 25, 2014

Hamburg, Germany
7. Re: Colombo airport transfers

Hi,

I booked a pick up from Colombo airport and was picked up by Suresh - an amazing friendly and open men. He takes care on my whole trip without trying to make money. He showed me the best places and organised trips and whatever I was looking for. everything was fair and save! I felt like being with friend in Sri Lanka!

You can trust these people and they will give you an amazing and safe trip by showing the best places in Sri Lanka!!

VERY GOOD!

Reply to: Colombo airport transfers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Negombo