We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gyeongju Area in 2 1/2 Days Enough

Which Gyeongju hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maumelle, Arkansas
reviews: 34
Gyeongju Area in 2 1/2 Days Enough

Presently we have allocated 2 1/2 days for sight seeing in Gyeongju and surrounding area. Is that about the right amount of time? Are there other areas we should consider on our way to Seoul or an easy day trip from Seoul? We have allowed 1 day for Seoul but that may be too much of a big city for us?

3 replies to this topic
Tokyo, Japan
1. Re: Gyeongju Area in 2 1/2 Days Enough

I allocated 2 1/2 days for sight seeing in Gyeongju and I am fairly satisfied.

Seoul
2. Re: Gyeongju Area in 2 1/2 Days Enough

It depends on what you like and how you like to travel.

I like historical places (more enjoyable if you know the history), shopping, and just walking around, eating, reading, talking, relaxing.

That said, I'd probably only spend two days in Gyeongju (only because I'd focus on 2-3 sites, and there's not a lot to do other than the historic sites) and spend a day in Andong on my way to Seoul (a pretty full day trip, easily a couple days)--it's "the most traditional city in Korea" according to some tourist websites... Here are some websites/blogs with info:

…wordpress.com/esl-korea/…

…blogspot.com/2013/06/touring-andong.html

oneweirdglobe.com/2010/…

I'd spend at least two days in Seoul. Even if you skip historic sites like the palace, you could spend two straight days just shopping and people-watching. But some people find Seoul sterile and boring... depends on you

Hong Kong
reviews: 11
3. Re: Gyeongju Area in 2 1/2 Days Enough

I have been to Gyeongju twice within 3 months because it was not enough time for me to explore Gyeongju in my first visit. So I have revisited Gyeongju on April for cherry blossom. I must said i love Gyeongju and there are more area that you can explosure for example King Munmun Tomb at the seaside. I would recommended or at least 3-4 days.

Reply to: Gyeongju Area in 2 1/2 Days Enough
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted