We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping near Adirondack Extreme Adventure Course

WenWillitB
reviews: 11
Camping near Adirondack Extreme Adventure Course

I want to go to this adventure course & I am trying to find a nearby campground. I think from what I've found Lake George is the closest. I went to visitlakegeorge.com but when I went on the website it asks me what community I want. I have no idea.

I am interested in tent camping. I haven't decided if I want a limited amenity campground or something with a little more.

New York City, New...
reviews: 626
1. Re: Camping near Adirondack Extreme Adventure Course

www.nycampgrounds.com makes it look like Lake George is mostly RV parks.

but also check

newyorkstateparks.reserveamerica.com

you may need to use googleearth to check them out, and find the one closest to where you are going. Although, don't they recommend places?

Love to hear back from you at the end, as to how it went.

Hudson Valley
reviews: 1
2. Re: Camping near Adirondack Extreme Adventure Course

This one is a DEC campground about fifteen miles away, right on Lake George:

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/24470.html

I've never stayed there, but have had good experiences at other DEC campgrounds. There are several in the area - but this one is the closest for you.

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
reviews: 17
3. Re: Camping near Adirondack Extreme Adventure Course

Adirondack extreme is closest to Bolton Landing.

The nicest tent camping is at the State Campgrounds.

Hearthstone Point is nice, and is close to the village with more "city" amenities nearby. Rogers Rock is up north, and is much more remote. There are some sites directly on the water at Roger's Rock, too.

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
reviews: 17
4. Re: Camping near Adirondack Extreme Adventure Course

Another option that I should add is island camping. For this, you would need a boat or a boat shuttle to one of the islands. More info can be found at reserveamerica.com

The closest island group to Bolton Landing is the Glen Island Group.

5. Re: Camping near Adirondack Extreme Adventure Course

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:34 am, April 29, 2013