We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving through adirondacks to montreal... camping?

New York City, New...
driving through adirondacks to montreal... camping?

hi! my boyfriend and i will be spending five or six nights driving through the adirondacks on our way to montreal. we were wondering if anyone had any suggestions for good camping spots along the way. we have no real route planned and dont mind going out of our way for a nice quiet campground with great scenery and trails. any advice would be greatly appreciated as we are avid campers, but completely unfamiliar with this area. thanks in advance!

Upstate New York
reviews: 13
1. Re: driving through adirondacks to montreal... camping?

Grouchy - I always recommend the state campgrounds, but there are MANY. I've attached the link to the map, if you figure out a route I might be able to tell you something about the specific campgrounds along the way.

This list is all for car camping. There are many backwoods camping spots too.

Sounds like a FUN TRIP! What time of year are you going?

2. Re: driving through adirondacks to montreal... camping?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, October 03, 2009