We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Praslin with young children

Which Praslin Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 9
Praslin with young children

Hello,

Starting to think about a trip for April 2014, kids will be 4 and 6. We're well traveled and was looking at staying at Villa Mille Etoiles, which fits our budget and allows us to cook, and use the hotel pool, and is likely to be less buggy due to the breeze...but the hike up looks daunting.

- Any other similar places folks would suggest to stay?

- Any other family friendly suggestions for Praslin?

Thank you.

Seychelles
reviews: 1
1. Re: Praslin with young children

Hi rtwtrpper1,

Why don't you try La Reserve Hotel. It is a very nice place with a large swimming pool for the children and children under 5 do not pay. So only the 6 yrs old will pay a supplement of 50eur per day (i think). problem is you cannot cook but the staff are very nice to assist with preparation for food for the kids free of charge. In the evening you can only decide on something for the 2 of you as the children will be taken care of. You can also try http://www.cotedorchalets.com . It is in flat area and closer to the beach with the Berjaya Praslin Beach Pizzeria in the vicinity as well as other conveninet stores.

All the best

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
reviews: 57
2. Re: Praslin with young children

Hello!

You have plenty of villas to choose from. On Anse Petit Cour you have Acquario Villa, on Anse Possession you have Villa Kass, on Grand Anse facing the beach you have Tropique Villa while close to Anse La Blague you have Iles des Palms which btw it will have a new look at the end of April after they finish the refurbishment. La Reserve is very nice, located in Curieuse Marine National Park, has good service and food mostly at The Jetty Restaurant but does not allow you to cook. Try to avoid Berjaya Praslin hotel, has lousy service, poor food and is very unsafe.

Miki

Seychelles
3. Re: Praslin with young children

Hi,

I do not know much about all the villas stated above but I know you would want to avoid Aquario as the rooms, showers and kitchenette are quite small and has steps both inside and outside the rooms and is right next to the main road so not really ideal for kids. Villa Kass is popular noting that you need to consider taking the bus or taxi for your groceries. Same applies to Ile De Palm and Tropique Villa. They maybe nice and family friendly but away from everything. Unless you consider renting a car during your stay at minimum 50Eur per day to drive around. How about Les Villa D'Or still in Cote D'Or Village? www.seychelles.net/villador

Edited: 2:04 pm, February 22, 2013
Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
4. Re: Praslin with young children

A car minimum 50 euro per day? I rented with 35 on November. From where do you have these prices Praslin Rep?

Edited: 2:11 pm, February 22, 2013
Haltwhistle, United...
reviews: 16
5. Re: Praslin with young children

We stayed at the Acajou hotel when our son was 2 years old. Staff were great with him and the beach is lovely for small children. Would recommend. We are going back this year and staying at Lauriers hotel which is also close to Cote DOr beach and other hotels. Seychelles is a great destination for young children.

Seychelles
6. Re: Praslin with young children

The Easter Holidays of April is peak season in Seychelles compared to November. Like airfares, hotels etc car hires rental also fluctuate. So you are bound to be thrown a quote of 50 eur from every car hire during the peak unless you are very lucky...

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
7. Re: Praslin with young children

Praslin Rep I have already booked my car rental for my April vacation, I will pay 70 euro for 2 days. So it is doable also in high peak season if you book in advance or arrange with your Seychelles host.

Also in August I have rented a car at 35 euro per day.

Miki

Edited: 2:50 pm, February 23, 2013
New York City, New...
reviews: 9
8. Re: Praslin with young children

Thank you all but the ability to self-cater is important to us...

Victoria, Seychelles
9. Re: Praslin with young children

Hi rtwtripper1

I would suggest you look at Les Villas d'Or. They are self catering but you can also select to have breakfast. Just steps away from the beach and they have a swimming pool too. Nice garden for the children to run about in too.

Happy Planning.

Seychelles
10. Re: Praslin with young children

Google 'Iles des Palmes Resort Praslin book online best price guarantee'. Look for local websites with best price and offers. This eco-tourism charming property is wonderful for children with 2-bedroom beachfront bungalows, great location just off Praslin's Côte d'Or tourist district, giant tortoises, hammocks and plenty of space to run...