We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking About Seychelles & Praslin!

Which Praslin Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 12
Thinking About Seychelles & Praslin!

I've been looking at a little 7 night trip around May (I understand that this is a good time??) to this wonderful place...but on a budget. I know the travel to the Seychelles and the word "budget" don't normally go together, but I'm hoping we can still achieve it somewhat!

Came across Isles des Palmes as a very nice little place to stay - near Anse Takamara. However, two things concern me about staying in these types of places - food (self-catering) and location to snorkelling spots.

How easy is it to get food to cook and does it work out expensive? Any idea on rough costs? Or is it possible to buy meals at restaurants at a relatively good price?

I understand the beach by the hotel is too shallow for swimming. Is there any other beaches nearby where we could snorkel? We're not strong swimmers though, so don't want to venture past the reef drop off so bear that in mind!

Not sure where the nearest reef would be and how easy it is to get there on a daily basis. I understand getting around Praslin is quite easy by bus...is this really the case? Or can we bike it around? Or is car hire a must?

Any help would be appreciated! :)

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
reviews: 82
11. Re: Thinking About Seychelles & Praslin!

Lanbousir is the best value restaurant we found in Seychelles. The most expensive dish (the chili grilled fish) is only 180 SCR. We found pancakes and icecream really delicious. The three women that are running the restaurant have good chef skills.

Miki

12. Re: Thinking About Seychelles & Praslin!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 28, 2014