We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Praslin to Mahe:Catch International Flight - Logistics Help

Which Praslin Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
reviews: 3
Praslin to Mahe:Catch International Flight - Logistics Help

Can anyone please advise if it is possible to take ferry from Praslin to Mahe at 6 am and make a 7:30 am international flight from Mahe out?

Just trying to see if we really do need to overnight in Mahe in order to make this flight back to Doha? Everywhere I am reading says it is too little time to catch that international flight out. Is there another form of transportation from Praslin to Mahe lets say at 5:00 am?

Just wondering why Air Seychelles doesn't seem to coordinate its early morning flights with the airlines leaving Mahe?

Any help would be appreciated.

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
reviews: 69
1. Re: Praslin to Mahe:Catch International Flight - Logistics Help

Hello msmarkos!

The first ferry leaves from Praslin to Mahe at 7.30 (not at 6) and this is happening only on Sundays. On the other days the ferry leaves at 8.15 or 9.00 o'clock. However there is a flight from Praslin Airport which leaves at 6 o'clock, arrives at 6.15 on Mahe but it is very risky so I totally advise you to take the plane/ferry one day before your leaving to Doha and spend the night on Mahe. Try to pre-book a taxi to pick you up in the morning of your departure.

Miki

Norway
reviews: 21
2. Re: Praslin to Mahe:Catch International Flight - Logistics Help

I'd definitely go back to Mahe the day before your departure.

There are plenty of accommodation options on Mahe, but I agree it is not the best solution having to pack your bags and leave Praslin a day earlier. We usually go to Mahe for a couple of days, staying at one of the resorts so we can still enjoy the beaches and a late checkout before flying home.

Buckhorn, Canada
reviews: 34
3. Re: Praslin to Mahe:Catch International Flight - Logistics Help

We are spending our last 4 days on Mahe so we will be there for our flight out at 13h45. I second advice above.

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
reviews: 69
4. Re: Praslin to Mahe:Catch International Flight - Logistics Help

If you have a flight at 13.45 and you do not want to visit Mahe you can take either the ferry or the plane from Praslin on the same day with your departure. I did it several times and there is no risk. But catching a flight at 7.30 am is very risky since Air Seychelles has no flights which depart from Praslin at 5 - 5.30 am.

Buckhorn, Canada
reviews: 34
5. Re: Praslin to Mahe:Catch International Flight - Logistics Help

Thanks Miki. But since it is our first time in the Seychelles, we thought we would spend a few days on Mahe as well.

6. Re: Praslin to Mahe:Catch International Flight - Logistics Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 31, 2014