We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Raffles Food and Drink costs

Which Praslin Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glenmoore...
Level Contributor
8 posts
Raffles Food and Drink costs

My husband and I are planning a trip to the Seychelles at the end of March. We're considering staying at Raffles and wondering what we'd be in for as far as food and drink prices. Can anyone who has stayed at Raffles give an average range for dinner entrees, lunch food, and beer/wine?

Also, we are looking at a package that does not include brekfast and they quoted us 6,000 rupees per person to purchase breakfast each day - is that correct?

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
4,137 posts
112 reviews
1. Re: Raffles Food and Drink costs

Hello Jessica and welcome to the forum!

Raffles is one of the most expensive resorts in Seychelles, dinner for 2 ranging from 180 to 250 euro, including 2 glasses of wine. Beer is 6-10 euro depending on the brand but you have the option of dining at Lauriers or Cafe des Arts, 10 minutes by car in Cote d'Or, much cheaper options than Raffles.

As for the quote you received for breakfast I think it is a mistake, you can not pay 350 euro per day. For correct prices at Raffles check www.mauritius-seychelles.com.

Miki

Seychelles
Level Contributor
372 posts
2. Re: Raffles Food and Drink costs

Does not sound correct. Average breakfast cost is 15 euro per person. In more up market hotels maybe up to 30-45 euro but no more than that. It must be an error, query it with them. Raffles have the best food on Praslin in my opinion so do try eat there at some point anyway. Their poolside fish and chips are the best I've ever tasted and as a local who eats a lot of fish, that says alot.

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Raffles Food and Drink costs

we had breakfast included in our deal so cant comment on that but meals are expensive but the food is great. We cut down on costs by bringing a bottle of rum with us and mixing our own cocktails in the room and sticking to drinking beer with dinner. We only had breakfast and dinner there.

4. Re: Raffles Food and Drink costs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 31, 2014