We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help: Which hotel Constance Lemuria or Chateaux de Feuilles?

Which Praslin Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Zurich, Switzerland
reviews: 14
Help: Which hotel Constance Lemuria or Chateaux de Feuilles?

Dear travellers,

I'm totally stuck as to which hotel to choose even having read both hotel's reviews. Has anyone been to both hotels: Constance Lemuria and the Chateaux de Feuilles and if so, can you tell me which you would choose to go back to. We are going on our honeymoon so I want it to be just right!

To give you a bit of background about our preferences. We love the beach and wonderful natural settings. We love luxury and a good standard of accommodation. We prefer gourmet meals and definately not the biggest fan of buffets. I get bored quite easily so need a fair few activities or things to do to keep me occupied. We like snorkelling and would like a place with good snorkelling and diving (for my husband) areas....I think that's about it for now ;-)

Please help!

Many thanks in advance

Lisa

Zurich, Switzerland
reviews: 14
1. Re: Help: Which hotel Constance Lemuria or Chateaux de Feuilles?

I finally decided on Lemuria for 4 nights and 3 nights on La Digue (Domaine L'Orangraie) - I hope I made the right choice??? We'll see!

London
reviews: 84
2. Re: Help: Which hotel Constance Lemuria or Chateaux de Feuilles?

I would say that is a very good choice indeed. Lemuria is lovely, La Domaine is out of this world!

Praslin
3. Re: Help: Which hotel Constance Lemuria or Chateaux de Feuilles?

Chateau des feuilles is actually a very small hotel it has only 9 rooms and are found in the hill sides not on the beach its very cosy and rustic chick, for a tranquille experience its definitly the chateau food is out of this world and it tend to has a fidel group of hidh class french clientel.The rooms are rented with a car and the hotel also have a private island which you can visit.

Lemuria is just the opposite its the bigest hotel on praslin 109 suites and villas it does have one of the most beautifull beach in the world anse Georgette and a manifique golf course and definitly more activity than the chateau.in high seasons its definitly crowded especially lots of children around like in a big kindergaden and hpe you don't have one of the Arab shieks around they tend to monopolise the service and trust me you cannot beat the tips that they can offer.i hope this has been of some help

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
reviews: 63
4. Re: Help: Which hotel Constance Lemuria or Chateaux de Feuilles?

Lemuria is the best hotel for activities' diversity on Praslin: golf, tennis, beaches (Anse Georgette is the best one), hobie cat, pedalos, kayak, windsurfing, parasailing, deep sea fishing. But for accomodation and food I would have chosen Raffles.

Cape Town
reviews: 30
5. Re: Help: Which hotel Constance Lemuria or Chateaux de Feuilles?

Hi,

Going at the end of the year and have decided to stay in Praslin. Most important to us are the beaches,the snorkeling and good luxury accommodation ( good a/c)close to the sea with views. We want to spend time on Curieuse island, Anse Kerlan and Anse Lazio. Is Lemuria best situated to visit these beaches on our own easily or on an excursion arranged by the hotel? We also want a day on La Digue. We only have 6 nights and want some relaxation time as well at the resort and on Anse Georgette. Thanks so much!

Barb

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
reviews: 63
6. Re: Help: Which hotel Constance Lemuria or Chateaux de Feuilles?

Hello Barb!

You will stay on northwestern part of the island, you will have access to 2 beaches at Lemuria: Anse Georgette and Petite Anse Kerlan. Anse Kerlan is just 1 km away from Lemuria's Gates you can get there by foot. Anse Lazio is located on north-eastern side of the island but there is no road to connect Anse Georgette with Anse Lazio on northern part of the island. Either you sail from Lemuria to Anse Lazio or you can rent a car (I recommend you Steppe Car Hire located 5 minutes away from Lmuria in Grand Anse). Trips bought from the hotel tend to be much more expensive then going by yourself in a rented car. Unfortunately if you go by car or bus you have to go south first, then you have to cross the island from west to east and then head north to Anse Lazio. Driving time: 25 mins

Miki

Bucharest
reviews: 7
7. Re: Help: Which hotel Constance Lemuria or Chateaux de Feuilles?

Hi Barb,

Lemuria is by far the best hotel in Praslin & La Digue. We stayed seven times here, usually in April, and I shall return at the beginning of April this year, too. Anyway, keep in mind that Seychelles is a 5-star (4, because I remembered Aitutaki!) destination with 3-star hotels (except Four Seasons/Fregate/Lemuria) and if “at the end of the year” means December, please let me advise you that is not quite proper weather to visit Praslin (more rain in December/January; April could be also rainy but you can find best sea conditions; clear and calm). Lemuria will provide access with a buggy to Anse Georgette, boat to Anse Lazio, Curieuse island and even to La Digue. You can visit Anse Lazio on your own by car and La Digue by ferry. Have a nice trip!

8. Re: Help: Which hotel Constance Lemuria or Chateaux de Feuilles?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 15, 2014