We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours from Praslin on Saturday or Sunday?

Which Praslin Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 63
Tours from Praslin on Saturday or Sunday?

Hi,

Me and my hubby are going to be in Praslin only for 1 weekend this December (Saturday and Sunday) and would like to take the tour the islands of Curieuse Island, Cousin and St. Pierre. I'm not sure which tour companies have this tour on the weekend. Can anybody please help?! Thank you so much!

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
reviews: 69
1. Re: Tours from Praslin on Saturday or Sunday?

Unfortunately Creole Travel Services is not offering in the weekend this trip.

You can contact Mason's Travel (info@masontravel.com) to see if they can offer you in the week-end this trip or Bruno, the brother of the villa owner where I will stay in November on Praslin (tel. +248 2547172) which has its private boat and he is offering boat trips to the tourists.

If none of these solutions are available then go directly to Anse Volbert beach, negotiate the price with the boatmen there and enjoy the trip.

Dublin
reviews: 37
2. Re: Tours from Praslin on Saturday or Sunday?

we went from the beach at the Berjaya hotel on a water taxi with Jean Pierre and Robert to Curieuse and St Pierre for 50 euro for two people and a landing fee of approx 12 euros on Curieuse for the two of us.All in all 62 Euro for a brilliant trip

London
reviews: 84
3. Re: Tours from Praslin on Saturday or Sunday?

Creole or Masons will look after you, they are on line so you can check them out easily enough!

Victoria, Seychelles
4. Re: Tours from Praslin on Saturday or Sunday?

Hi Shikhasf

If there is a demand for the tour then Masons Travel or Creole Holiday will conduct it however if they don't have the numbers needed it will be cancelled. To avoid been disappointed either contact your guest house in Praslin to ask them to help you make a pre-booking or as DublinFrank_01 suggested just head to the Berjaya Hotel beach front area, and there are numerous taxi boat operators located in this area.

Hope you have a wonderful time on our islands.

San Francisco...
5. Re: Tours from Praslin on Saturday or Sunday?

Oh.. That's great! Thank you so much everyone for your help! Thank you DublinFrank_01 for this wonderful suggestion. I was soo worried as both Creole and Mason do not have a tour on Saturday and Sunday and was not sure how we will get to these islands if they don't get enough people... Now we have a way! :)

By the way.. does anyone know if there is a restaurant/ food place on Curieuse island? We were thinking to go to Curieuse island during lunch time or should we get a lunch pack from the hotel. Also, do you think we can also take our own champagne bottle along to Curieuse? Please let me know! Thanks!

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
6. Re: Tours from Praslin on Saturday or Sunday?

There is no restaurant on Curieuse, there is only a small museum on Anse St Jose, doctor's house which shows everything you want to know about Curieuse Island, the house being built in Creole colonial architecture.

There is also the nice beach of Baie Laraie where you can snorkel and if you are lucky you can see hawksbill turtles.

Normally you have to agree with the boat owner that brings you there if in the price of the trip the lunch and drinks. If not you must have takeaways and water with you.

And yes you can take your bottle of champagne with you but try to take the empty bottle with you when you leave the island.

Edited: 6:44 am, November 08, 2012
San Francisco...
7. Re: Tours from Praslin on Saturday or Sunday?

Thanks Midikuta for such valuable info! Really appreciate it! I will definitely remember to keep the champagne bottle with me when leaving. We love nature and always want to keep it clean. :)

Seychelles
reviews: 1
8. Re: Tours from Praslin on Saturday or Sunday?

Hi shikhasf,

Dealing with the boat owners on Cote D'Or beach is a great idea but you have to ensure that you deal with licensed operators only to ensure your safety which is why i would advise that you request your hotel to make the arangements for a taxi boat for you. Enjoy Seychelles!

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
9. Re: Tours from Praslin on Saturday or Sunday?

There are no trips to Curieuse and Cousin on Saturday and Sunday because the access is forbidden to tourists during week-ends.

Price to Curieuse and St. Pierre is 50 euro + 200 RS (landing fee on Curieuse) and 70 euro + 700 RS (landing fees on Curieuse and Cousin) to Curieuse, Cousin and St Pierre with lunch and drinks included (bbq chicken and fish, rice, mango salad, vegetables salad, small bananas as desert).

Oakland, California
10. Re: Tours from Praslin on Saturday or Sunday?

Hi There!

My husband and I are staying on eden island for a week in december and definitely looking to do snorkeling/ boat trips. I got the prices for the excursions with Mason's travel and they just seem outrageously expensive - one of the cheapest was about $120 usd per person...think that's about the maximum i would pay its called peaks of paradise - "An opportunity to experience a thrilling adventure trekking along Mahé’s northern coast before cruising back to Victoria aboard our catamaran Catalina. Starting from Danzilles, the palm-fringed trail along the deserted northwest coast follows the contours of ancient granite boulders. Our experienced guides will point out some of Seychelles’ unique flora and fauna along the way. The 1.5 hour walk ends at Anse Major, where Catalina is moored in the sheltered bay.

After boarding by dingy from the pristine beach, the day’s excursion continues with a cruise to Bay Ternay Marine Park, stopping at undisturbed snorkelling sites, where guests not wishing to swim can spend time feeding the fish or sunbathing on the spacious deck. A delicious Creole buffet lunch is served on board during the gentle cruise home.

Full day Cruise: Instead of participating in the walk, you might choose to board Catalina from its mooring in Victoria and enjoy the sights while relaxing on a day-long cruise along the coast for a different perspective of Mahé."

Is this a good deal?....I am not into super touristy stuff and would be perfectly willing to pay a water taxi or someone with a boat....where on mahe can you do this? has anyone done it before? what is the cost for paying someone for a day?

Thanks!

Emily