We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice

Which Praslin Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
eire
advice

travelling to praslin in sept on honeymoon should i book flights from mahe to praslin before i go or do it when i arrive?

Also euro or dollar and do i need to buy local currency when i arrive?

has anyone travelled london via doha to mahe. hat are the chances of getting upgraded to business or first class with qatar airlines frr of charge when i check in?

Hobart, Australia
reviews: 119
1. Re: advice

Are you planning to connect through to Praslin the same day you arrive in Mahe? If so definately book. If you travel to Praslin a different day then it would be convenient arriving with the tickets paid, time of flight chosen (though they leave every 15 min) and you can then organise the transfer.

Euro was more widely used than dollars for our travels, you can change it there when you arrive, there are two ways the change office/banks that offer a terrible rate or through the travels you can change to rupees and get great rates. Not encouraged but many tourists do it like we did.

We flew the Qatar back to Italy (not London) no upgrade but the exit row seat was the equivalent of 3 or 4 rows so try for one of them definately comfortable!

2. Re: advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:21 am, September 21, 2009