We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First visit to Israel

Which Netanya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chennai
First visit to Israel

Hi this is my first trip to Israel

I'm so excited to come there..

Since it is my first trip to Israel I've lot of questions, please bear with me

I've a friend in Netanya so I've booked a hotel there.

I've read in the forum that we can

take train from Airport to Netanya thanks for the details.

I've money in dollars(from my previous trip) I don't have any shekel, can I convert it in the airport at early morning 5 ?.

since my trip is one week can I convert all the money and get a temporary debit card since I don't want to carry cash?

My Indian credit card will not have much of a balance I've balance in debit card, since I have dollars I'm thinking of spending it .

is that advisable?

Prepaid mobile card - Are there any prepaid SIM cards that will have low cost International calling for India. I'm searching in the mean time. I would update the forum if I get any details as well

I know this is silly question :) can I rent motor bikes there and drive with my Indian license?

Thanks all for reading it ..

I'm waiting for July to come early :)

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
11. Re: First visit to Israel

In addition to all the other advice you've received, there will be absolutely no problem changing money at the airport at 5 a.m. Everything at the airport is open 24 hours a day and 5 a.m. is one of the busiest times, since many international flights arrive between 3 and 6 a.m.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
reviews: 99
12. Re: First visit to Israel

I am shopping in Yirca which is a Druse village outside of your route.

I would suggest to buy only if you run into something you like

Chennai
13. Re: First visit to Israel

Thanks Shuff. I will exchange $ in Airport itself.

Giora thanks for the tip , I'm just curious aren't there really any shop for Men which sells clothes and shoes in normal rates? Aren't there any local brands in Israel?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
14. Re: First visit to Israel

I am not a man and don't know anything about buying men's clothing. However, you need to be more specific. What kind of clothes and shoes? Those terms cover a very wide field. Formal suits such as you might wear for a society wedding? Smart casual? Beachwear? Hiking boots? Shoes you might wear to the office? Sandals? And are you looking for chain stores, or something more up-market?

Israel isn't a budget destination, so don't expect phenomenal bargains. Of course men buy clothing and shoes in Israel, but I doubt that many tourists come to Israel with the intention of clothes shopping unless they want something very specific that they can't buy at home.

Chennai
15. Re: First visit to Israel

Ha ha thanks Shuff.

What I meant by dress is business casuals, Denims, T shirts .

Sports shoe and other casual shoes.

Since you said it is not a budget destination I'm closing my wallet and keeping it in my pants .. :)

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
reviews: 99
16. Re: First visit to Israel

There are plenty of men clothes and shoes shops like any other western country. As Shuffaluff suggest Israel is not a bargain destination. Please let me know if you are after specific item like SOURCE sandales.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
reviews: 93
17. Re: First visit to Israel

Not being Israeli or Indian, I certainly smiled when I saw your post regarding mens clothing. As a Canadian, I would go to India if I wanted great deals on clothes since it seems that a good percentage of our clothing sold here is made there! Israel wouldn't be anywhere on the list for cheap clothing in my opinion. If you want specialty shoes (Naot for example) or swimwear, (Gottex for example) then Israeli fashion is definitely excellent but inexpensive, it is not!

18. Re: First visit to Israel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, June 27, 2014