We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Theft in Caesarea

Which Caesarea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 20
Car Theft in Caesarea

I came on to the forum to do some research on Caesarea and saw some threads on car theft in Caesarea. The threads are a little bit old so I wanted to know if this is still a significant issue.

We were planning to check out of our hotel in Jerusalem, drive to Caesarea before checking into our hotel in Tel Aviv. But if car theft is still a problem in Caesarea, we will make a detour and drop our luggage off in Tel Aviv first.

Also, in the previous threads, I've read recommendations to park near the park entrance. How hard is it to park near the entrance on a Monday in May?

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
reviews: 11
1. Re: Car Theft in Caesarea

Caesarea will not be crowded on a weekday in May.

Whether or not it is still a problem, you will drive through Tel-Aviv on the Ayalon Expressway so if you are worried it may be a good idea to drop off your luggage at the hotel. Why worry if it is only a small detour ? What hotel are you staying at?

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
reviews: 37
2. Re: Car Theft in Caesarea

I complained to the authority managing the park and to other organizations about it and it looks like that something was done. We did not get on the forum new complaints. Still, coming from Jerusalem on a weekday checking in your luggage is a good idea.

Berkeley, California
reviews: 26
3. Re: Car Theft in Caesarea

We were worried about it but did leave our luggage without any problem.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 135
4. Re: Car Theft in Caesarea

We're facing just this dilemma in our drive from Tel Aviv to Haifa -- not sure if I'd take the chance, and I'll probably drop off the bags at the Haifa hotel and double back.

Douglas Duckett

Berkeley, California
reviews: 26
5. Re: Car Theft in Caesarea

We were there with our cousin who is an israeli guide and he said you can arrange to park right in front of the ticket office so it's very unlikely to be hit.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
6. Re: Car Theft in Caesarea

Assuming all your luggage fits in the trunk or covered hatch section of your vehicle and you don't open the back in the lot--no one will know what is in the vehicle. That being said when going from Jerusalem to Caesaria--there is no reason not to stop at your hotel. Going from Tel Aviv to Haifa--I don't think I'd waste the time doubling back.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 135
7. Re: Car Theft in Caesarea

We're driving from Tel Aviv (the Savoy Hotel) to Haifa (the Dan Panorama). No way all of our luggage will fit in the trunk -- there are three of us, with a good size bag and roller bag each. DrjessB's idea may work.

Douglas Duckett

London
reviews: 20
8. Re: Car Theft in Caesarea

We're going to be staying at the De La Mer Hotel in Tel Aviv. Is it relatively easy to stop and drop off our luggage and continue our journey again from there? (Does anyone know which exit we should take?) We were also planning to visit Jaffa that day so maybe we'll flip it around and visit Jaffa before going on to Caesarea.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
reviews: 11
9. Re: Car Theft in Caesarea

Hmmm ... that's not an easy hotel to get to by car. Perhaps the simplest route is to get off at Kibbutz Galuyot (the first Tel-Aviv exit) and drive west until it joins Derech Shlomo (Salameh). Turn left and continue one block until Yerushalayim. Turn right (north) and continue straight to your hotel (the name of the road changes to Kaufman and then HaYarkon) at HaYarkon 62.

Map: http://g.co/maps/kwdfp

You won't be able to do Jaffa and Caesarea in the same day.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 101
10. Re: Car Theft in Caesarea

You usually cannot park in front of the northern ticket office of Caearea as it is for buses. Today as well as previous visits I had lots of luggage in a van and never incurred any unusual incidents. If there are fewer cars there is less likelyhood of breakins. Today there were only about 20 cars in the northern parking lot.

Chana

Israel