We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaria on the Gili Islands

Which Mataram hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 22
Malaria on the Gili Islands

We hear so many different stories about malaria on the Gili islands. Has anyone recently been on the Gili islands and can you give us some more information if the Gili islands have malaria or not?

Kind regards,

Saron

Liverpool
reviews: 10
1. Re: Malaria on the Gili Islands

Hi Saron,

I don't know about if there is malaria, but I did not take an anti-malaria medication during my recent visit to the Gilis.

I did take the precaution of wearing DEET-based mosquito repellant, burning coils and that served me well.

I hope this helps.

-FL

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 22
2. Re: Malaria on the Gili Islands

Hi FL,

Thank you very much for your answer. Were there many mosquitos?

KR,

Saron

Wellington, New...
reviews: 8
3. Re: Malaria on the Gili Islands

Hi Saron, we were on Gili T last month and I didn't notice many mosquitoes at all. We did make sure that we wore deet repellent at day and night though.

Lauren

Bodø, Norway
reviews: 5
4. Re: Malaria on the Gili Islands

There is not many mosquitos on the island because of the lack of fresh water. I have lived on the island and never taken any malaria pills. I would not worry to much.

5. Re: Malaria on the Gili Islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, December 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Mataram