We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Gili T, accomodations, etc?

Which Lombok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milford, Connecticut
reviews: 15
Getting to Gili T, accomodations, etc?

A few questions.. I'm planning on spending 3 nights in Gili T in March.. will then go to Bali afterwards.

1. I will arrive to the Bali airport at about 9 pm - plan to spend the night in Bali near the airport and then go to Gili T as early in the morning as possible. Is it better to take a flight from DPS to Lombok or is it better to take the Gili Cat? Which is faster? If the flight, how do I find schedules and book one?

2. Can anyone recommend accomodations on Gili T - I'm looking for somewhere on the beach, quiet - to relax.. not all couples as I'm traveling solo... but would prefer to be walking distance to restaurants/bars for at night. Under $100 US/night?

3. Is Bike the best way to get around the island? How much would it cost to rent one? How big is the island exactly?

4. Can anyone recommend a good snorkeling tour? Anything else that is a must see or must do on Gili T?

THank you!!

1. Re: Getting to Gili T, accomodations, etc?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 am, January 27, 2010
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
reviews: 79
2. Re: Getting to Gili T, accomodations, etc?

1. I will arrive to the Bali airport at about 9 pm - plan to spend the night in Bali near the airport and then go to Gili T as early in the morning as possible. Is it better to take a flight from DPS to Lombok or is it better to take the Gili Cat? Which is faster? If the flight, how do I find schedules and book one?

I your case I would say fast boat is more convenient as you plan to have a vacation on Gili. Please check this

http://www.thelombokguide.com/travel.html

All Bali-Lombok fast boat operators (there 5 aside from Gili Cat) mentioned, price is the same.

2. Can anyone recommend accomodations on Gili T - I'm looking for somewhere on the beach, quiet - to relax.. not all couples as I'm traveling solo... but would prefer to be walking distance to restaurants/bars for at night. Under $100 US/night?

Have you checked TA Gili T hotel list? That`s where all recommendations have started. My advice is Luce d'Alma Resort & Spa which is worthy takes 1 st place on TA rating and within your budget. But better book beforehand.

3. Is Bike the best way to get around the island? How much would it cost to rent one? How big is the island exactly?

Almost every decent hotel has bikes for free for guests. No need to pay extra for rent.

4. Can anyone recommend a good snorkeling tour? Anything else that is a must see or must do on Gili T?

When yo are on Gili (all of them) there is no need for any organized snorkeling tour at all, all posiible snorkeling is just at your feet, only get into the water - you have the full package. May be Gili Meno is slightly better for swimming with fins and snorkel.

A hint for you - bring your own equipment.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
reviews: 50
3. Re: Getting to Gili T, accomodations, etc?

And don't let the suggestion of 3 hours in the Visa/Immigration queue in Bali sway you towards to VIP Visa Services that catchasnapper is advertising (contrary to TA guidelines on advertising and soliciting). Using these services you won't be in your car within 5 mins, it takes them a good 15 minutes to start offloading your baggage onto the baggage carousel for a start. It's very rare for you to be stuck that long in the queue, it would only happen if lots of flights arrive at the same time. Plan ahead by seeing what other flights are due to arrive around the time of your flight, and pre-book a seat at the front of the plane so you're first off. Doing this, you can get through immigration quite quickly.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
4. Re: Getting to Gili T, accomodations, etc?

I would personally report ANY illegal self promotion on these pages - catchasnapper`s is removed by admin already. As indeed 5 min promise to get a visa, get your luggage and clear immigration is a lie.

Milford, Connecticut
reviews: 15
5. Re: Getting to Gili T, accomodations, etc?

Thanks Everyone! I missed the post - didn't see it before it was removed, so no worries about that. :)

Quick question - as I've done more research, it seems that the flight from Bali to Lombok is only 30 minutes.. then 1 hr from Lombok Airport to Gili T- is this correct? if so, why are the fast boats the better way to go? What am I missing?

Is there a hotel near the harbor in Bali where the boats leave from that I could stay for 1 night? (Since my flight arrives to Bali late on a Thursday, it will be Fri am before I can depart for Gili T)

Jakarta
Destination Expert
6. Re: Getting to Gili T, accomodations, etc?

No you are not correct.......

Even if YES flight Lombok-Bali is only 30 min long, still the best way (and the quickest as well), mark me! - FOR YOU to Gili T is

take a fast boat from Bali.

All boat start from Bali Benoa Harbor (about an over night hotel stay , please consult Bali forum DEs). Every fast boat operator arrange a free pick up from your hotel to the harbor. They do a direct route Bali - Gili T (680k IDR one way). Please check this

http://gilifastboat.com/

Choose ANY operator from the list, they have the same prices, may be slight difference in departure/ arrival time.

Flying to Lombok, getting a taxi ride to Teluk Kode (about 1,5 hours), bargaining with locals about transfer to Gili - all is time/ money waisting experience.

7. Re: Getting to Gili T, accomodations, etc?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:31 am, February 01, 2010
Sydney
reviews: 1
8. Re: Getting to Gili T, accomodations, etc?

who on earth would check ALL in coming planes from around the world??

Jakarta
Destination Expert
9. Re: Getting to Gili T, accomodations, etc?

Well you forget to advertise your Speed VIP immigration - whatever business..............LOL (this is the source of your bottom line about checking ALL planes in the world)

By right now , YOU KNOW, every such post will be reported and removed, right, catchasnapper?

Jakarta
Destination Expert
10. Re: Getting to Gili T, accomodations, etc?

And www.beachhousegilit.com belongs to you as well ......as you are so EAGERLY promote the place and recommend it to anyone who puts his nose in TA and ask about accommodation on Gili????????

Once again - self promotion is strictly prohibited on TA pages.