We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on gili islands accomm for hnymoon

Which Lombok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
reviews: 3
Advice on gili islands accomm for hnymoon

Can anyone please offer advice for best place to stay for our honeymoon on Gili Trewangan.

What we want:

*something traditional, but comfortable

*AC

*quiet but close to party spots

*budget=$100 australian per night

*there for about five nights

Options we are considering are Hotel Vila Ombak, Beach House, Desa Dunia Beda and Good Heart Bungalows. Can anyone offer any feedback on these?

Thanks. Email me direct at leecrossley@hotmail.com if you want.

Sydney Aussie
reviews: 3
1. Re: Advice on gili islands accomm for hnymoon

Hi Leemerly,

sorry you have not got any replies to your post! I have not stayed over in the gili islands yet as I spend all my time with family in Lombok but I have heard good & not so good reports on here about each of the hotels you have mentioned.I guess you could book a few nights at different hotels to give them a try.Or book one for a couple of nights then go around to check the others out then book the rest of your nights at the one you like the best?Some people seem to that ,not sure if I can be bothered but always an option I guess.The islands seem so beautiful so I guess you will only spend a little bit of time in your actual room anyway!Hope you find something you are happy with & dont forget to do a review on here when you get back for the next traveler's to check out!Good luck ,Jules

vancouver
reviews: 6
2. Re: Advice on gili islands accomm for hnymoon

Hi there. We stayed in Gili Trawanagn in October of 2004. Found the Villa Almarik absolutely wonderful. We did not book in advance and negotiated a price of $45 a night. It had everything you need. The island has a great night-life and terrific food. I'm sure Villa Almarik costs a little more now, but still under your budget. Happy trails!!!

graham

Edinburgh
3. Re: Advice on gili islands accomm for hnymoon

Hello,

My fiancé are planning to spend a couple of nights on Gili T as part of our honeymoon and are wondering whether to stay at Ombak or Desa Dunia Beda (or villa almarik.

Just wondering whether you can offer us any advice?!

Cheers

Catherine

4. Re: Advice on gili islands accomm for hnymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, September 24, 2009