We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blur ...

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 44
Blur ...

I need some assistance here! Will be going to kupang via bali next year. basically am accompanying my maid back. what i would like to know is, she is from Flores. i think ...

hw far is kupang airport? i know she said to get to her hometown is an 8hr bus ride from kupang. is the bus station very far from the airport. i am clutching at straws here coz she herself cant explain clearly and i have no idea how to get her home :(

would appreciate any input, in regards to how big kupang is, is it easy to move around, how far away is flores, etc etc. anything that might help.

thanks in advance!

Shanghai, China
reviews: 789
1. Re: Blur ...

Kupang airport is not very far from the centre of Kupang, but Flores is a different island.

You need find out the the name of her village or town and start from there. You may be better off flying to Denpasar and taking an onward flight from there. The main airports on Flores are Labuanbajo and Ende.

Salatiga, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Java
reviews: 50
2. Re: Blur ...

Taxi fare from Kupang Airport to Kupang centre and the bus station is Rp 100,000. It is (I guess) about 8 km.

If your maid indeed is from Timor, not Flores, you might catch a bus inland (not very comfortable) direction Atambua (which is about 8 hrs ride). More comfortable are the minibuses from TimorTravel, that go all the way to Dili.

3. Re: Blur ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 20, 2010