We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Padang to Paradiso Village

Which Padang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 15
Padang to Paradiso Village

Would like to ask how far the Paradiso Village from Padang Airport. Planning to visit Bukittinggi, Padang and this villlage, but have only 3 nights stay. Kinda rush, and any tour guide to recommend for me? Appreciate much for any reply.

Jakarta, Indonesia
1. Re: Padang to Paradiso Village

HI, I am Avi .originated from west sumatra, and now living in jakarta. as i saw your question, you should go from padang airport nearby padang city to a city called Painan, and find Carocok beach - Pantai carocok. Normally 2,5 or 3 hours.

I actually plan to do west sumatra trip with my friend this end of jan as well, in case you are travelling the date after, you may contact me for more concrete situation.

You can visit directly to the island called "cubadak where the paradiso village exist at the first day, if you arrive early morning at padang.

Day01 : Padang air port - painan - cubadak island (paradiso village)

D02 : Paradiso village , arrive at painan around 11.00 and then direct to danau (lake) maninjau nearby bukittinggi. it would take 4 or 5 hours. you can spend the day enjoying the scene or having paragliding there. it only take 1 hour from lake maninjau to bukittinggi.

Day -03 : you can spend your day at bukittinggi .

Sorry can't suggest you any guide since i am native, but you can refer to another post i saw, please search for lake maninjau. they suggest some guide and driver with phone number.

in case you have any question, please don;t mind

Australia
reviews: 1
2. Re: Padang to Paradiso Village

Hi,

Trying to do too much in just 3 days. Airport which is closer to Bukittinggi these days than Padang will take at least 1 hour and then from Padang to Painan is more like 3 hrs. ( I have been many times over the years.)

To get to Cubadak you will need to get a boat but do you know what times the boat goes or how much it costs.

I believe the cost is very expensive and I do not think you can just stay on the island for one night.

Here is what the website says.

You need to be spending 3 nights at Paradiso Village to get the free travel from airport - approx 4 hrs and the boat across to Cubadak.

cubadak-paradisovillage.com/our_island.asp

I would be skipping Paradiso and spend your time in Bukittinggi and Lake Maninjau.

With only 3 days, do you really want to be spending all your time travelling?

Because that is exactly what you will be doing. Just moving from A to B and then onto C. No time to relax and enjoy yourselves.

Lots of things to do in the Bukittinggi and Lake Maninjau area one could easily spend 10 days exploring and still not see everything.

If you are interested in some scanned maps and a document of things to do, then email me at pamela_fuge@yahoo.com.au and I will forward them to you.

Pamela.

Edited: 5:02 am, January 08, 2013
3. Re: Padang to Paradiso Village

Hi Alvi, glad to know that ur's from west sumatera. so you can recommend what to eat or what is the must try there. will stay at padang rocky hotel for the first night so wondering any nice food around.

Besides the trip, Its too bad that I can't make for the Paradiso Village but hope that you could make it for your coming trip. Its an awesome place. My trip its on 21th. But is still stucking on the transportation up to bukit tinggi. So there is a guide on the car rental stuff on the lake posting ya?

Besides the lake, what can I visit at bukittingi btw? Heard of the volcano bukit climbing? Or is there any tour to introduce? Lastly thanks for your attention and reply. Really appreciate.

4. Re: Padang to Paradiso Village

Hi Pamela, thanks for the reply.

Yea, after some research it's really rush for me to do all the visit and yes, the village accept only at least a 2 nights stay. So I plan just to stay at Padang for the first night to do the island visit and city and the next day morning going up Bukittinggi for the next night stay.

By the way, how about the transport getting around from Padang to Bukittinggi. Do you have any recommendation on that. I hardly find and car rental with drivers online. And how about taxi? Do they delivery us up the way visiting the lake or maybe the volcano bukit?

Edited: 12:11 pm, January 11, 2013
Australia
5. Re: Padang to Paradiso Village

Sent you 3 lots of maps and loads of info in an email.

Enjoy reading.

Pamela.

philiphina
6. Re: Padang to Paradiso Village

Hello Lyjiun

I think the three days of your time can be maximized with a tour to suit your time and budget. I recommend you to Pupau Pagang, which is not far from the village of Paradiso who take a long and very expensive. On the island you will feel the same Pagang with ddi village Paradiso, closer, affordable, cheap price and once to the island you can visit the pagang Maninjau or just visiting bukittinggi.

If you Pagang Island only costs around 750000 IDR / night / person includes the cost to the island, food and equipment snockling. From the airport to the Bungus, paddock is 1.5 hours. Bungus is where you can rent a speed boat or book a travel package to a tour guide there, I feel more secure and coordinated. I recommend you contact

SOVIALORENT85@GMAIL.COM

If you are visiting the island you can visit Pagang lake. and you still have two days to go and come back.

if there are any questions please contact me again, I will be happy to help you in answering questions about your trip to Padang.

7. Re: Padang to Paradiso Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 25, 2014