We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to manado?

Which Manado hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh
How to get to manado?

what is the cheapest way to fly get to manado?

can you fly direct from bangkok? or do you have to go via singapore or jakarta?

Sanur Bali
reviews: 27
1. Re: How to get to manado?

There are regular flights from Singapore to Manado, These are with Silk Air which is a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines.

Flight costs are around $400-$500 (Singapore Dollars) for a return flight.

You also can go via Jakarta or Bali.

Edited: 7:09 pm, April 25, 2011
Florida
reviews: 2
2. Re: How to get to manado?

We will be staying 6 hours at the transit hotel at Singapore's airport and our luggage will be going on to Manado. Any problems getting the luggage in Manado? We're planning to be on a liveaboard and need to be sure that our dive/camera gear arrives. I'm thinking we might need an extra day in Manado. What are your thoughts?

London, United...
reviews: 62
3. Re: How to get to manado?

Hi

The best way to Manado is to come via Singapore with Silk Air, they fly to Manado on Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat, Next best option is via Jakarta with either Lion Air or Garuda. Options via Bali either have bad connections time or you get in to Manado very late.

Usually there is not a problem with luggage being checked all the way through to Manado from your point of origin but I have had to deal with some instances where is has come later than the person it belongs to. Bear in mind that the international flights are not every day (see above). Maybe an extra few days in Manado/Lembeh to check that everything is working before getting onto your liveaboard.

london
reviews: 81
4. Re: How to get to manado?

Hi there

We flew to Manado via Singapore from London last year and it was great , no problem. Manado airport is a big busy one but seems to work fine.

We went from there back to Bali to pick up a liveaboard. We couldn't book this flight with our UK credit cards , but the owner of the resort we stayed in in Bunaken did this for us. Again this flight was fine, we touched down in Makassar to pick up some other passengers.

It's a brilliant diving destination , you will have an amazing time.

5. Re: How to get to manado?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:06 am, October 21, 2013
Malaysia
reviews: 46
6. Re: How to get to manado?

IMHO

Fly with Air Asia from Kuala Lumpur

KL to Makassar.

Then search for Dodo the" pen man"

for transport and other info from Makasar to Manado

This is the cheapest option

Hove, UK
reviews: 3
7. Re: How to get to manado?

Hello,

we are trying to book return flights between Bali and Manado but cannot do it from the UK. Somebody said that the resort where they were staying in Bunaken did it on your behalf, what resort was this? I need all the help I can get on this one!

Regards

Dona

Edited: 6:38 am, March 04, 2012
London, United...
8. Re: How to get to manado?

Hi Dona,

I would contact Safari Tours in Manado.

Thanks

Hove, UK
reviews: 3
9. Re: How to get to manado?

So sorry Helen, I never got around to thank you, but as you know I did contact you!

Dona

London, United...
10. Re: How to get to manado?

Hi Dona,

not a problem. we hope you come to sulawesi soon!

Kind Regards

Helen