We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tangkoko tour

Melbourne
reviews: 71
Tangkoko tour

Will a "resort" tour to Tangkoko do justice to the experience?

Or are we better doing a Batu Pitih homestay and go into the jungle in the evening and the morning?

Can we see as much on the day tours?

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 2
1. Re: Tangkoko tour

I don't know what time a day tour would end but the tarsiers don't come out until it starts getting dark.

Melbourne
reviews: 71
2. Re: Tangkoko tour

I guess the question is more will we see as much activity in the afternoon/evening or will the experience be much richer seeing more activity in the jungle the following morning? Not just the tarsier experience!

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 2
3. Re: Tangkoko tour

We were out from 7-10am and saw mostly birds but also Black Macaque monkeys. In the evening 5-8pm there were a few birds, a couple of venomous snakes, the tarsiers of course and a couple of taratulas well after dark. We only saw about a dozen other people in the park and everyone was there to see the tarsiers

We were there in Oct. and the heat and humidity during the day were oppressive.

Mulhouse, France
reviews: 61
4. Re: Tangkoko tour

we were there 3 daus ago amd I advise to go to Batu Pitih homestay such as Trasius or mama Roos. Iy is really super super basic accomodation but 200m away from the start of the trek. we did the morning and evening one and it was really worth it. the afternoon, evening one was more impressive.

5. Re: Tangkoko tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, October 12, 2012