We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Multiple visa entry cost for indonesia

Which Bintan Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
reviews: 31
Multiple visa entry cost for indonesia

As we are visiting bintan then Bali in few weeks time, considering to get a multiple visa entry when we go to bintan in few weeks. Anyone knows the cost and if it can be obtained on arrival.

Thank you.

1. Re: Multiple visa entry cost for indonesia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:45 am, May 19, 2012
Lombok, Indonesia
reviews: 5
2. Re: Multiple visa entry cost for indonesia

Indonesia has dropped multiple entry visas for tourism and social visits.

Your options are a single entry VOA (visa on Arrival) [US$25.00 per issue], that is for up to 30 days and 1 extension of a further 30 days is available form an immigration office (Kantor Imigrasi), a tourist visit visa, these are single entry for 60 days, or a SOSBUD visa for social/family/tourism visits, they are for 60 days, require a local resident as a sponsor and can be extended for a further 30 days 4 times, ie 60days +30days +30days +30days +30days.The 60 day visas are all around $60.00 or local currency equivalent and are issued at an Indonesian embassy in Singapore or Kuala Lumpur, or your home country.

Some nationalities are eligible for a visa waiver program (30 days single entry), Ireland is not one of them.

Edited: 8:51 am, May 19, 2012
Mandurah, Australia
reviews: 2
3. Re: Multiple visa entry cost for indonesia

My husband and I are travelling to Singapore for 10 days, is it worth doing a day trip to Bintan Island or staying overnight. From what I can see the only thing to do there is play golf.

Edited: 11:38 pm, July 25, 2012
New Brunswick
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick
reviews: 194
4. Re: Multiple visa entry cost for indonesia

Bintan has great beaches and is much cheaper than Singapore.

Brisbane
reviews: 2
5. Re: Multiple visa entry cost for indonesia

Even though the VOA is US$25 my wife and I were ushered aside at Yogyakarta Airport and told to pay US$50 each to enter. As we were the only westerners on our flight, and were travelling independently, my wife suggested we just pay and not ask any questions. They also would only accept low denomination US dollars, presumably for easier distribution. We got the feeling that things can go bad very easily in Indonesia if you decline the invitation to pay extra fees.

bali
reviews: 5
6. Re: Multiple visa entry cost for indonesia

@zixor69 they cheat on you, you been paying double of the price. I've been living in Indonesia for more than 8 years and I can assure all of you that they are tricky, but not bad people. they are smart, with the fools...

so nothing can go bad, especially with the law. they will try to cheat, but if you are smarter, they will not do it. how to be smarter of an immigration agent? simple: when he tell you a higher price of what is listed, just look the name of his tag and right it down, take a note and of course show him that you know what you doing and that you have important friends in the country. best trick: tell them that you are press.

New Brunswick
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick
reviews: 194
7. Re: Multiple visa entry cost for indonesia

We travelled to Bintan by boat from Singapore and they were offering 4 day visas - cannot remember the price as we were going on to batam and needed 11 days so had to get the $25 one.

8. Re: Multiple visa entry cost for indonesia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bintan Island