We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Batam on 8 - 9 August 2013 (Shops opened?)

Singapore, Singapore
Batam on 8 - 9 August 2013 (Shops opened?)

Hello all...

I'm thinking of a day or a 2D 1N trip to Batam during the Hari Raya Puasa + National Day (Singapore) this 8 - 9 August 2013.

Would the malls, massage spas, seafood be opened during this time?

Where should I stay if i decide on staying the night? How about the timings from Batam back to Singapore by ferry?

Thank you.!

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 27
1. Re: Batam on 8 - 9 August 2013 (Shops opened?)

malls open... massage and spas usually not during first 2 days of hari raya...

cheerss

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 18
2. Re: Batam on 8 - 9 August 2013 (Shops opened?)

Hi Chandrana, do you know if shops are opened during the puasa month ? I will be in Batam from 6th to 8th July.

Thanks

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
3. Re: Batam on 8 - 9 August 2013 (Shops opened?)

Puasa month business as normal... except maybe those pubs/clubs in the 'angmoh' zone and those sort of entertainments area.

Restaurants, massages, shops, malls, all open as usual :)

enjoy your trip!

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 18
4. Re: Batam on 8 - 9 August 2013 (Shops opened?)

Thanks Chandrana. I heard that a lot of taxi drivers who are Muslims will stop work.

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
5. Re: Batam on 8 - 9 August 2013 (Shops opened?)

Yeah quite a bit but don't worry, you won't run out of taxis :)

6. Re: Batam on 8 - 9 August 2013 (Shops opened?)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:21 am, July 16, 2013
Singapore
7. Re: Batam on 8 - 9 August 2013 (Shops opened?)

OMG..im planing the same thing as u ... are u going too? wat package u got? mind to share?

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
8. Re: Batam on 8 - 9 August 2013 (Shops opened?)

What package are you referring to OttilieNg?

cheerrss

9. Re: Batam on 8 - 9 August 2013 (Shops opened?)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:21 am, July 16, 2013
Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
10. Re: Batam on 8 - 9 August 2013 (Shops opened?)

Oh BatamAdvisor what a smart guy... you know how to read people mind now?? you crack me up.

She said "OMG..im planing the same thing as u ... are u going too? wat package u got? mind to share?"

If she refers to the thread opener package, then she wouldn't be asking the package you right? I am guessing she probably bought a 2D1N package but want to make sure about the details, which hotel, which spa, how much, etc. But rather than assuming and tried to act smart, I decided it would be better to ask her directly and start from there.

Get answers to your questions about Batam