We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Batam night markets & Nature Vegetarian Restaurant

Singapore
Batam night markets & Nature Vegetarian Restaurant

Hello Batam experts,

My family will be staying in Montigo resort in Jun & will be using the resort shuttle service to visit Nagoya Hill Mall.

Would like to know if there are any interesting local markets to bring my parents?

At the same time, does anyone knows if Nature Vegetarian Restaurant opens for lunch hours? Or their operating hours?

Batam, Indonesia
1. Re: Batam night markets & Nature Vegetarian Restaurant

bus shuttles from from Montigo Resort are limited at two trips perday in a span of 4 hours less inbetween .

local markets are usually found outside of Nagoya Hill Mall . take a cab to 'Top 100 Penuin' .

yes they (vegetarian restaurant) are open during lunch hours .

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 25
2. Re: Batam night markets & Nature Vegetarian Restaurant

by local market do you mean wet market? or just supermarket?

if supermarket you don't have to go far. Just go to hypermart in nagoya hill.

Singapore
3. Re: Batam night markets & Nature Vegetarian Restaurant

Thks both!

I googled Top 100 Penuin & it came back as a shopping mall... How is this mall or the surrounding area different from Nagoya Hill Mall?

Yes; should have been more specific.. my parents would be interested in the local wet markets...

For Nature Restaurant, are they open throughout the day or do they rest after lunch before reopening for dinner again?

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
4. Re: Batam night markets & Nature Vegetarian Restaurant

Top 100 is a shopping mall.. but really, there isn't much inside. Probably 1/5 of Nagoya Hill mall size give or take? I don't think it's ideal for tourists unless you have a specific reason to be there. There is a popular local wet market in Penuin area near the top 100 called "Pasar Penuin". Just fyi, Nature restaurant is near Penuin area. You can walk it in about 15 mins. Not sure if you parents would mind the heat.

Local wet market in Nagoya would be "Pasar Puja Bahari". Every taxi should know this. A new and classier local wet market would be "Pasar Segar Sukajadi", which would be on the way when you travel from Montigo to Nagoya.

Nature opens around 11am to maybe 3 pm. Then break and reopens about 5pm-10pm. Not 100% accurate but you get the idea :)

Cheeerrsss

Batam, Indonesia
5. Re: Batam night markets & Nature Vegetarian Restaurant

Top 100 Penuin is mostly local directed therefore stuffs and goods there are at local prices which is cheaper than what you get at Nagoya Hill Mall .

if you have googled it then you can have an estimated guess on how big it is .

if you by chance visit there , it should take mostly about 1 hour to look around shops in there .

the Pasar Penuin , for your information , is best visited during the morning hours . 12pm onwards and you wouldn't get much already as most stalls start closing down or that all their goods have been bought already until the next morning when supplies come in again .

by far the best local wet market is Pasar Penuin . remember that at these wet market you have the advantage of bargaining .

Singapore
6. Re: Batam night markets & Nature Vegetarian Restaurant

Just a quick note as I have just came back ;).

Firstly, must say Montigo has got to be the Best resort in Batam now, even with construction going on..

To give a idea... we hired a cab from the resort & paid return cab fare of IDR 560K /S$74 for a trip to Penuin /BCS mall area..silly but we just don't want the hassle for a jaunt to the city..

Also, if anyone wants to visit Nature Vegetarian Restaurant, they are apparently closed on Monday, the day we decide to eat there :(

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
7. Re: Batam night markets & Nature Vegetarian Restaurant

Win Y,

Thank you for sharing.

I just went Montigo again a couple weeks ago and I must say, it is indeed the best in Batam. However, I am dissapointed with their maintenance. Things look kinda old... and poorly maintained for a resort of that caliber =)

Yeah that's almost double than what you can get outside for cab fare. But hey, as long as you enjoy the trip =)

And sorry you missed Nature. Next time you come Batam and is in city area, you let me know. I can bring you there =) Make sure it's not Monday though! hahahaa

cheeerrss

8. Re: Batam night markets & Nature Vegetarian Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 31, 2014